How to get the most out of my growbox?

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by l33tcakes, Feb 19, 2013.

1. #1 l33tcakes, Feb 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2013
    Hello GC!

I just started my first grow in a tall server case, using a dual spec 200w CFL.
    I am pretty new to this whole growing thing.. :wave:

The seedling is an autoflowering plant and have been there for a week now.

I am currently using 1 gal pots with 0.7 gal soil.
    I originally intended on growing 2 plants, but one seedling didn't make it

Would it yield better if I used a 2or3 gallon container and grow just one autoflower under 200w, using the scrog method......

...Or should i just keep going on with what i am doing? (Planning on putting new seed ofcourse.) :D
    (2 plants with 0,7 gal of soil)

These are the two options i had in my mind.

The dimensions of the case are;
    20.5 cm x 47 cm x 67 cm

Any other suggestions and ideas are welcome.. :p

Attached Files:

2. Temps and humidity look to be in check.

Just grow the one plant you have now. (it is a fem'd seed right?)

Don't bother with a scrog. Look under your ballasts in the second picture. (white part that screws into the light socket) There isn't any light...just a bit of LST will do you fine.

From now on when growing auto's, always start them in the pot you want to finish them. You don't transplant auto's, period.

3. #4 l33tcakes, Feb 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2013
    Would it work if I carefully cut the bottom of the pot and placed it on the bigger pot and then cutting the sides in order to fully remove the smalller pot?

And yes, its feminised. :p

4. That'd prolly be the easiest. Just cut the bottom and lift up the whole container and you just got a block of dirt lol.

5. The "average" with most Af plants is that after becoming a seedling, they veg for about three weeks. Then the AF gene kicks in and sends the plant into flower.

So we as growers of AF's don't have alot of room for errors, like stunting the plants growth for example.

When you transplant, it isn't the removing of a plant from a container that causes this. It's that when the roots hit their new soil/coco/whatever your using, they have to adjust because everything is different. (compaction level, PH levels, moistness of rootzone/soil...tons of shit.

No don't bother transplanting for this grow dude. It'll still shock the plant...leaving you with less then you would have originally gotten.

6. Would my plant go into shock if i did it this way? :p

7. You didn't read a thing I typed did you?

lol, good luck with your grow.

8. I would just have the one plant,
    the size of your pot is fine but doubling up certainly won't hurt,
    I always recommend starting in a smaller pot then repotting once, and really that need to be done before 3 weeks have past. if done properly the plant won't get shocked and will benefit from the faster wet/dry cycles when it is young giving the roots a good boost of oxygen.
    if your not confident with repotting well then it's probably better for you to start with the finishing pot.
    if you plan on placing one pot on top of the other I would recommend you arrange that before you start otherwise cutting the bottom off the pot you may cut roots, that would be a disaster.

I would not ScrOG, auto's simply don't veg long enough for it to be worth it, LST is the way to go

keep the lamp, close, fans blowing on the plants all the time, a good exchange of air and wait for the soil to dry before watering, and when you do, give it a good soaking. use mild fertilised soil, nothing too rich, or mix it with coco fibre and perlite of a ratio of 1:1:1. your unlikely to need to add nutes while it's in the veg state but as flowering starts to show I would start a light feeding regime of a quarter strength every other watering. you will unlikely need to use stronger than that, plus stop feeding totally on the 60th day and harvest around the 70th

well, that works for me anyway lol

9. I think I misunderstood your repotting idea, to keep it simple I would just use the one pot, it's big enough. but look out for some sort of container that is about as deep as one of your pots but fits snugly in to your box for next time

10. Oh, nope, i didn't see that post, forgot to refresh the page before i asked that question. :p