How to get parents to stop triyng to talk me into taking anti depprants

Discussion in 'General' started by austyn12, Jul 25, 2012.

1. Basically im 18 and my parents kept trying to tell me im pissy and a dick high and need to get on anti depressants. This isn't true ive asked my brother my self and he notied when i smoke im really nice . Lately they think im "sober" because im calm . Ive been smoking all time so i just proved them wrong. So how do i get their brainwashed mind not to belive that marijuana is bad for you so they dont care as munch if i smoke as long as its outside around the house and i dont smell up house? I would like to be able to tell them the truth why im going outside for my "Cigaret breaks". I feel bad for lieing about it but i have to help my anixety and pain i have(might have cancer my parents are so pose to help me pay to check asap).

2. ur 18 dude, if you don't want to take anti depress you don't have to.....its your right your old enough now

3. uhh yeah the thing is i know they going to find out sooner or later. they said if they find out they sending me to rehab and if i refuse they kicking me out. Idk why my mom is so against marijuana its not messing my life up like alcohol did. Plus my brother smokes and if he gets caught before i can make my parents belive marjuna isnt as bad hes going to get in alot of trouble and they going treat him like a underage crackhead(taking away money,not alowing cash,searching room ,rehab) like they did for years when i wasnt 18.

4. "I don't want to take antidepressants, mom/dad, please respect my choice."

Also, move out ASAP if you can afford it ...

5. Eh i wish i cant afford it right now cant get a decent job . i would be gone by now if that was choice. thanks for info tho should i just come clean and shock my mom so she dost believe marijuana is making me pissy? Ill say that too but my mom is hard to make her say okay.

6. No, don't antagonize them about your weed smokin, just tell them you really don't want to take antidepressants and ask that they respect your choice. Honestly, your best bet is to try to find work (I know it's extremely difficult right now), find a room-mate, and move out ASAP.

I have a friend who hangs dry-wall for $17/hr, so don't give up on finding a job. It may take a while. Try craigslist.

7. Time to get a job and a new place to stay. That or stop smoking. Hard to unbrainwash brainwashed older folks. If they take it as far as to kick you out, ain't no changing their minds. If you wanna be a grown up, you gotta be a grown up. Can't always change peoples minds

8. oh okay thanks i think i told them and they freaked out and acted liek i didnt even give it a try. Yeah i think im going to practice glassblowing and make these smoking devices i drew out when i was stoned to see if this smell proof pipe works. What are the laws on selling "Tobacoo pipes" online?

9. It would depend on the jurisdiction you're operating out of, along with the jurisdiction you're shipping pipes to (customers). If you're in the US (assuming), then its state-by-state, and sometimes by county/city (but that's not as much to worry about as state law). Basically you probably want to find a lawyer you can talk to, or see what you can find online regarding state-by-state laws for selling glass pipes.

Also, if this is going to be your main source of income, you'll want to get a tax ID, become an LLC, and make quarterly/monthly payments to the IRS

10. Answer to you thread title: act sociable and be a positive person to be around, even if you dont feel good. No one would put a happy looking friendly person on antidepressants, right?

11. #11 BudButler, Jul 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2012
    kill them all!

dont do this

12. "I'm 18"

/conversation.

13. okay thanks they say they know im smoking when im in a bad mood. i almost laughed when they said that. ill try to do that when im out of money for my median(marijuana).

14. okay thanks for info ill have to save up and talk to a lawyer then and im sure its going to be ive been making pipe and bong designs since i was 15. Also i thought the website has tax when u sell a item and the tax id was for a legit business like smoke shops.

15. you can go outside for cigarette breaks but no marijuana breaks, sad sad world

you have to tell them the facts about marijuana , and how you feel its the best thing for you

16. Sales tax is different from the income taxes you'll need to pay if you want to make it a legit business. Otherwise, if you don't pay the income taxes, you face tax evasion laws if the IRS finds you. But, honestly, unless you're making a lot of money (like more than $2000 per month) with this, I wouldn't worry too much, and even then there are ways to disguise your income (like through a part-time job).

You could always just sell on Etsy

17. yeah i know i dont get it i even asked my parents they said they dont want me smoking but it sop sly dosnt make me violent and weed somehow does even tho it turns me into a hippy sosply according to my brother and the weed was illegal for me when i was under-aged more then cigs so they used to use that excuse. i did my dad is triyng to say basically my links are bs because he saw links saying the opposite by "scientist". No scientist is right about everything and sopsly they are not real studys and thoes he looks at are sosply. He still belives that marijuana causes cancer and thats why someone who smokes weed has lung cancer .Then i told him that guy also had tobacco in his system and he didnt want to believe it. I Even got my dad to say watever i dont want to talk about this right now when i proved to him that weed smoke dosnt cause cancer because of the thc is anti cancer. Then my mom believes that im going to smoke weed and drive a car and kill someone even tho that dosnt happen and i dont drive stoned anyways because if i kill someone by mistake becuase they come out of nowhere ill be blamed because im high. Sorry if its hard to read i got some kinda of learning disorder that effects my learning and my spelling of things and right now im out of marjuna and need to save up to buy another quart .

18. Ohh thanks for info im not risking it i know tax invasion will get me in alot of trouble . I dont think even if my pipe is smellproof ill be making 2k $ per mouth because its going to be hard to advertise it and thanks ill look at etsy.