Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to get over paranoia

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by fattyb, Dec 31, 2010.

1. look i know this has been asked and answered a hundred times. i just want a personalized answer. basically i was never paranoid in my 4 years of smoking until now. i got arrested last year for possession and ever since then im like extremely paranoid whenever i smoke or think about smoking. before i got arrested i would have no problem smoking on my back porch or in my house or in my car etc. but i did try to do it where i didnt think i would have any problems. well one day some asshole cop decided to search me for no reason without my consent and i got arrested and put on probation. well now im off ive been smokin all the time again but now i find myself extremely paranoid to the point where i almost want to give up smoking. (but im not :smoke:) for example now when i go out back for a toke i constantly think my neighnors are watching. when i go over a friends to smoke im always worried that their parents are gonna find out or the cops are gonna come. i thought this would get better with time but it hasnt. i always get feelin good then as soon as i am i start thinking these negative thoughts. so does anyone have a way to get over it? anyone in the same boat? i know its bcause of the probo that im like this i feel like a "beat dog" in a sense lol.

2. smoke more bro, smoke yourself to the point where you dont care, sit back and enjoy some tunes.

3. What do you do when you're high, fattyb? Watch movies, think, work out, relax?

4. That would probably only make it worse. I had some really close calls here over the past year.. I really can't enjoy it as much as I have previously. I'm just waiting a while to get back into a year or two or four we'll see what happens.

5. thats the thing i smoke every day dude. i smoke between 1g and 14g a day depending on the day lol. but ive been smokin every day for the past 4 months since ive been off probation and i still get this way. the only time im like fuck it im gonna rip is when im just buzzin.

6. all of the above man depending on my mood. a lot of times ill take my dog on a nice long walk through the woods or if its rainin ill put in the ipod and think about anything and everything

7. just smoke in a place youre totally comfortable and hide all your shit when you're done. it also helps if you leave the place you smoked.. like go out and get food or something.
    know that you can only get arrested for having drugs on you, not being high.
    so don't have drugs on you!

8. thats another thing im paranoid about is driving when im high. used to be no problem now all that goes through my head is "im gonna get a DUI". and it doesnt really matter where i smoke, im always paranoid. even in my own house

9. Smoke way less and do it only when your feeling good and confident. And don't do it if there is anything around that could possibly sketch you out.

10. awe.. idk, man. whenever i'm paranoid, i usually tell myself its just the pot and i have no reason to be worried and it usually goes away.

11. yeah its pretty bad. i mean sometimes its worse than others. and sometimes its better for me when im alone rather than with others. and sometimes its the other way around. anyway lately what ive been doing to kind of subside my thoughts is have bonfire with one or two good friends in my backyard late at night and just pass the bong. it was actually pretty funny cuz one night my neighbor came out at like 2am and i completely sketched out cuz she walked over and was like what are you guys doing. and my dumbass friend (who was stoned) said "were hittin the bong u want some?" i was geekin bad till she was like okay let me see it lol. so now thats one less worry in my mind

12. Go to somewhere safe where you can relax. If you're freaking out just flip on the TV and sit down in your couch.

13. You know, paranoia keeps you safe more times than not, lots of times ive been like "Lets peace out" after spending 10 minutes on a dirt road only to be passed by a cop like 2 minutes into the drive.

And like, tomorrow im going to pick up some bud, but im bringing 3 bags with me to keep the pot in...Why? Because it's new years, and theres going to be checkstops EVERYWHERE. So, does that make me sketchy? Fuck yes it does, but it also makes me a whole lot safer.