Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to get individual strains?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Silverwolf1214, Jan 20, 2014.

1.   Ok I am a total noob lol.  I can count on one hand how many times I have smoked. I am just wondering how would I find specific strains?  I am looking to use it to help my depression.  I mean I have never been diagnosed or anything but It runs in my family and since I always feel like crap and have to motivate myself for a long time just to get out of bed, I'd say it's a safe bet I inherited it.  I looked up info on what kinds would be best for depression and got a list.  Apparently ....breeds? that are categorized as sativa are the best.  I have no idea how I would tell the difference though lol.

I live in eastern TN if that means anything.  Maybe someone knows the area I dunno lol.  Like I said I am a total noob.  

Another question I would like to add if anyone knows, Is pot successful in treating depression at all anyway?  Or is it hype?  I'm not looking for a cure or anything.  Just something to give me a break from my normal state of mind once every couple of weeks.  I have a young child so It would have to be days she is gone.  It's kinda making me feel like a crappy parent though even thinking about it.  I know if my family found out they would flip lol.  My husband is supportive though, thank goodness.  

2. Its hard to get specific strains depending on where you live. mostly because dealers will say and random name to make their material sound good. the sativa thing is true, however, i suggest that you just try whatever you get, and if you like it then just ask for more of that kind of bud.

3. You won't unless you move to a medical state or Colorado.

4. Depression is indica, and og, or kush is an indica almost always. Dealers lie about strain names if you aren't in a medical state, or unless they grow. If it has a skunky smell = indica, if it has a piney smell = sativa. If you wanna feel lazy happy and relaxed go for an indica, if you want to feel uplifted euphoric and motivated, choose a sativa.

In your situation since you are limited to strains I would just smoke whatever I could get considering it will still help depression if it's an indica or sativa.

If you have any quesitons regarding smoking please feel free too ask me.

Oh and yes I smoke for depression and holy shit, I can tell you it helps a ton and your depression slips away and you forget about it. Remember  don't feel bad smoking when others are drinking(poison), taking pills (poison) or simply drinking coffee(caffeine) caffeine has killed over a thousand people and pot has killed absolutely 0.

Best of luck sorry for the long write :)

5. [quote name="aLoner" post="19372773" timestamp="1390195726"]Depression is indica, and og, or kush is an indica almost always. Dealers lie about strain names if you aren't in a medical state, or unless they grow. If it has a skunky smell = indica, if it has a piney smell = sativa. If you wanna feel lazy happy and relaxed go for an indica, if you want to feel uplifted euphoric and motivated, choose a sativa.In your situation since you are limited to strains I would just smoke whatever I could get considering it will still help depression if it's an indica or sativa.If you have any quesitons regarding smoking please feel free too ask me.Oh and yes I smoke for depression and holy shit, I can tell you it helps a ton and your depression slips away and you forget about it. Remember don't feel bad smoking when others are drinking(poison), taking pills (poison) or simply drinking coffee(caffeine) caffeine has killed over a thousand people and pot has killed absolutely 0.Best of luck sorry for the long write :)[/quote]Marijuana is great in just about every way for that stuff. It gives everything around you a much nicer, more positive touch, makes you appreciate music/art and food. It's just great all together. ..

6. Thanks for all the answers!  I will probably just do that.  Trial and error I guess lol.  I hope it doesn't get expensive though!

@[member="aLoner"], I like long replies lol.  The more info I can get the better!  And thanks, I know it's not the worst thing I could do but I guess just the social pressure makes me feel horrible.  Like everyone that smokes pot is lazy and going nowhere, bad influence, ect.  I don't agree with that stereotype, as I know plenty of smokers but I guess it just gets to me anyway.  I just feel like I would be a happier person and that I would be a better parent if I wasn't depressed all the time.  I spend alot of time playing with her, but I am pretty sure she can pick up on my moods.

How could I buy seeds online without getting into trouble?

7. you can't tell if its indica or sativa from the smell there are skunk sativas and piney indicas.You are better off just going by the effects.Most that grow for profit grow indica or indica dominant strains because it matures quicker with better yields.The couch lock weed is usually indica.Hope this helps.Mj

8. [quote name="Silverwolf1214" post="19372831" timestamp="1390196578"]Thanks for all the answers! I will probably just do that. Trial and error I guess lol. I hope it doesn't get expensive though!@[member="aLoner"], I like long replies lol. The more info I can get the better! And thanks, I know it's not the worst thing I could do but I guess just the social pressure makes me feel horrible. Like everyone that smokes pot is lazy and going nowhere, bad influence, ect. I don't agree with that stereotype, as I know plenty of smokers but I guess it just gets to me anyway. I just feel like I would be a happier person and that I would be a better parent if I wasn't depressed all the time. I spend alot of time playing with her, but I am pretty sure she can pick up on my moods.How could I buy seeds online without getting into trouble?[/quote]Seeds are legal to buy just look up how to conceal the smell, and I recommend growing indoors . Just a tip - they can't come in your house without a warrant.Sent from my iPad Air

9. If you're in the U.S. see if you can get them shipped to a friend, from what I've read if customs finds your seeds, they'll just confiscate them and send you a letter telling you that seeds are illegal.

10. You will either have to grow yourself or find a trustworthy source. There are growers all over east tn, they just dont advertise obviously.

11. [quote name="Silverwolf1214" post="19372831" timestamp="1390196578"]Thanks for all the answers! I will probably just do that. Trial and error I guess lol. I hope it doesn't get expensive though!@[member="aLoner"], I like long replies lol. The more info I can get the better! And thanks, I know it's not the worst thing I could do but I guess just the social pressure makes me feel horrible. Like everyone that smokes pot is lazy and going nowhere, bad influence, ect. I don't agree with that stereotype, as I know plenty of smokers but I guess it just gets to me anyway. I just feel like I would be a happier person and that I would be a better parent if I wasn't depressed all the time. I spend alot of time playing with her, but I am pretty sure she can pick up on my moods.How could I buy seeds online without getting into trouble?[/quote] if you are new to smoking basically and you are getting high quality bud you shouldn't be sending much if you are going to a dealer because you should get medicated prettyyy fast lol Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. Thanks everyone! Cant risk growing or anything right now but maybe in the future due to the possible fallout for my husband. without going into detail he could get into way more trouble than normal people.But thats why he will have no part in this and i am only going to smoke at friends houses. Ill just try to find a good source. Thanks again for all the advice! Sent from my SPH-D710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. Well if your not a MMJ patient or isn't legal where you live, that will be hard.When you deal with dealers, you never know what your getting. Period. Of course there are some stipulations where you can know. But if your looking for particular strains for depression the only real way is to have MMJ card or live where it's legal (I'm not familiar with TN and their laws) so you can have actual help and better recommendations to strains they know personally or from other patients/clients that know. Unless you have a guy, that knows a guy that can get medical cannabis and send it and you can make personal orders through them on what kind of strain you want then yeah. But until legalization happens in your state and laws are laxed, most likely your just gonna have to get whatever strains you can get. But hey you never look around.Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum