How to get a custom piece made?

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by 5kr1bbl3, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Hey guys,
    My birthday is just in a little over 8 weeks and well, i want a custom piece for my present. I want a standard roor lil sista with ice notches for the tube, but the slide....thats what i want to be unique.
    Im kind of a...geek?....for lack of a better term. I was raised on mario and nintendo and well, i want my slide to be modeled after yoshi, the famous sidekick of mario. Is there anyway to ask an artist to make one for me? Anyone got any advice to point me in the right direction? :rolleyes:

p.s. im a noob on quality glass, but from what i hear...roor is a good way to go.

2. I would suggest reading up a lil bit more before you make a huge purchase on glass.. You can spend a lot of money very quickly only to learn that you were ripped off and could have gotten a much nicer piece for the same money.. IMO i cherish ROOR as being one of the founding fathers of the glass community, their high end thick glass always delivers a solid piece.. With that being said there are much better options out there functionality wise.. You say you are a geek for Nintendo so why not look into a blower make you a fully custom and unique piece instead of just a slide.. If you look into artists such as DWB on etsy im sure you will be suprised with both the custom work and functionality.. Or if you are not into that do a lil more research and find a high end tube such as SG, toro, etc..

3. Go to etsy.com

Look up DWBglass

they will make you anything you want.

Personally, I wouldnt waste my money on a RooR though.

Get one of their tubes instead. RooR is sorta played out now that they are just a name and really dont offer you anything except a 200 dollar straight tube that they did almost no work on.

4. here is what ull need to do to get what u want

buy a tube

take it to a glass blower you u trust

ask him for an estimate and smoke some weed while he does his thing

profit

5. Well, my screen name for gc is kind of like my calling card, do you think they could incorporate that? also, i really like the beaker-esk look of the lil sista, they can do that too? so pretty much, would it be cheaper to go through DWB? MY budget will probably be 500-600 dollars. 600 including the smokables.

6. For 500 im sure you could get all of that and more through DWB.. It seems like getting custom and unique features is important to you so do it right and go through a known blower..

7. im sorry to bother you so much, but could you offer some ideas on unique features i could get?
    Like, i know of a percolator and ice notches. but is they're really anything else? Im going to learn everything i can before i make my final decision.

8. what kind of perc you looking at? I would get like a jumbo waffle to duel disc with a bent neck if ya in to that sort of thing. To add more customization you can get it worked with marbles. The sky is the limit man but the dwb guys are very creative talk through it with them and they'll prolly throw out some of their own ideas to take it to the next level.

9. You Forgot ??????

10. I think that first you need to research tubes and the kinds of percs out there. Use the search function on this website, there are lots of "bong guides." Second you need to experiment with tubes as much as possible. Its never easy finding high end tubes near you but always be on the look out to try all kinds of tubes and percs. It will really improve your appreciation as well as teach you the differences from feel. Lastly call DWB or email him and talk to him about what you are looking for, how much you want to spend, and what the best option for you would be.. BUT dont commit until you have enough knowledge to be 100% satisfied with your purchase.