*How to...Fully Purple Buds?*

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Mariwana, May 19, 2010.

1. Haven't seen a Sticky anywhere on this yet...has anyone ever got there hands on some fully Purple Buds??? Is it strain specific or something done during the grow cycle?? I have gotten my hands on some but only once...anyone know what strain it is if strain specific? At the time I was told that it was called Jelly. Anybody have any information it would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!

2. some strains have ferns that get purpleish and the buds kinda do, or denying potassium in a certain state will do it, also dropping the temp in a certain state give it what i call "purple shock" but, i dont know the specifics or shit, not knowledged in the grow world....yet :)

3. its strain specific, but even within those strains, a lot of the purple color is brought out during late flowering when temperatures drop. indoor growers mimic this by lowering their thermostat/AC.

purple is not really a symbol of potency or anything, its just another color of bud.

4. Yeh, the one time I did toke on purple bud, I didn't get any higher at all. Just a kool experience and since I'm on the growing side now instead of just a shopper, figured it would be good knowledge to be equipped with. Specifics/questions/suggestions/concerns all welcome. Thanks!!!!!!!

Oh yeh...which strains are best for color-change?

5. there's alot of purple strains such as Purple#1, just look up strains on seedbanks

6. i would assume any strain native to a place with lower temps..... not necessarily cold, but lower like kush i guess is a mountain weed...... but, i think you can safely do it with any if you drop the temp at the correct amount of degrees at the right day into flowering. Im new to growing too haha im figuring it all out slowly but surely

7. lots of those aren't naturally purple... the guy who hooks my dispensary up a bunch of their shit, sold them his harvest of grand daddy purp for mega cheap cause he failed and it was all green with like 1 fucking purple fern here n there hahahahaha. Advanced growers just really know what they are doing

8. Ppreciate the info guys! Any specifics or ideas on when to drop the temp and around what stage in the flowering process to do so? Also, which strains are naturally purple that you all know of??

9. Hope this help. ill post more if i can find any
    Purple #1 feminised (10 seeds) Dutch Passion

€ 65,00 [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Purple #1 of Dutch Passion is a strong cannabis plant (50% Indica, 50% Sativa), easy to grow. Purple Afghan seeds have been crossed in Holland with Indica and Sativa varieties since 1983. The plants are fully adapted to the Dutch climate and have a respectable yield. Dutch Passion Purple #1 has calyxes that turn purple, starting at the beginning of flowering. Up to 90% of the plants turn purple.
    Dutch Passions Purple #1 has a rough but subtle aroma and a very good high.

flowering period: 8 weeks
    harvest time outdoor: 2nd half of Sept., 1st week of Oct.
    10 feminized seeds in a package.

10. Mandala Seed Mandala #1 is a cross between S. African Highland Sativa x NZ Purple Indica & N Indian Indica. This is a cross so some phenotypes show purple of the NZ Purple indica.

11. the secrets of the north! up here where i live purple power is a local fav, our climate is perfect , plant after last frost and harvest a week after the first frost in the fall... theyll survive it and literally become solid purple, no green at all

12. Night temperatures closer to 50F are good for purpling, but each strain will react differently to the lower temps.

In colorado, a lot of perennials get enough warm sunny days in winter to grow year round, this gives us some excellent purple herbs in spring, like my Purple Chocolate Mint, and Purple Oregano.

Some bomb-ass herbs, lemme tell ya.

13. ^^ almost all the shit in my dispensary has a purple hue to it atm, and like 3 weeks ago, it didnt hahaha its so epic

14. i had a bunch of mid grade commercial before that had a lot of purple on it. the purple was not from the strand but because it was stored in a freezer. the product before smoked was completely fine. the purple colored buds had no mold and still crystals. seemed to get me just as high as the non purple part. i've also had some grand daddy purple a couple times. one time it barely had any purple on it but to me it seemed to taste just as good and get me just as high as the grand daddy purple that was almost all purple. i say judge a bud not by the color of it's leaf but by how satisfying the smoke is. but purple buds do look really cool.

15. There a pheno of Nirvana's PPP which goes purple, hunting for it at the moment. Not heard of there being a pheno for Dutch Passion's same name strain.

Can't find the thread now, but I've seen some impressive pics of the purple PPP pheno.

Generally speaking, indicas are more likely to purplate ( or whatever the appropriate verb is) and you want to try and get nightime temps down into the low teens Celcius.

Any strain with the word "purple" in the name is also a good start,,,

16. This is some grape ape i picked up about a month ago, the buds were purple and orange and only the small leafs around the buds were green, you can kinda see the purple bracts? on the stem below the bud, the pics are way fucked up i know

Attached Files: