How to follow up after job app?

Discussion in 'General' started by PuffDaddy420, Apr 3, 2013.

1. #1 PuffDaddy420, Apr 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2013
    I'm still trying to land my first job. I submitted 3 applications right before spring break, but how do you blades go about "following up" on your job apps?
    Like calling the place and what you might say to keep things simple but good or going in , in person?
    Any tips
    Thanks

2. Well, it depend on where you apply to. Some places don't like phone calls or drop ins when they're busy, so if you follow up, you definitely want to make sure it's a calm day. When you do follow up, ask to speak to the manager first, because employee will sometimes try to lead you astray. Always look your best, like you're about to be interviewed on the spot, but not to formal. If you call, there's less of a chance that they'd give you info on how your app is doing, but it's still a good way to go.

3. In person always looks better. Just keep it simple. Say you turned im an application and wanted to check on the status.

A lot of places do hiring in groups. In other words, they wait till they have a few people they wanna hire before calling anyone back. Ive had places not call me back for up to 2months...places I forgot even applying too.

Just keep checking on the apps..