Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to focus while high?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Tseten, Nov 26, 2013.

1. I was wondering, can weed make you focus better, becuase i need to do a project, and everytime i go to do it i cant seem to get into it. Ive been smoking for a while and i know you can get into certain things when your high. I know different strains do different things, ill be using this weed called "cherry pie", dont know if u guys heard of it. If i only smoked like a little weed, could i get super focused into doing this. Plz dont tell me to just do the project, without smoking.

2. Just do it without smoking!

Only joking mate. It seems to work for me. I only have a problem getting started, but once I have started someting, thats's it, I'm going to keep at it til I'm finished, or at a decent point to stop.

What is the project you have to do? If you don't mind me asking

3. How much should i smoke, just like a normal amount to get me high? Or do you think i should smoke less so im just slightly high?

Its not a school project, just said that to make it easy to sum up. But i got expelled from my school, and long story short im doing homeschooling. I have this online high school i do, and its a go at your own rate, and ive been doing this for a month now and ive been slacking, and i need to get caught up. So i thought maybe i should turn to the almighty herb, "weed", to see if it can help.

4. not familiar with the strain, but hopefully it's a sativa.
    try smoking a bit less than usual, give it a go. if that doesn't work try a bit more. don't overdo it to the point where all you wanna do is lay down n watch family guy, save that for when you're done

5. Don't smoke like 6 brimmers, Just stick to one, just  a refresher. Thats usually what i do, I tend with a slight rip, i can focus and communicate better. Soon as i venture to the next bong hit, i usually lose a decent amount of motivation toward whatever i was trying to focus on, but thats just the driver, not the car. 

6. Usually when i study i just have a big bowl loaded of some very dominate sativa, defiantly don't want a indica to study with XD. Then i just take a hit whenever i feel it's mildly coming down. Don't do a whole bowl or nothing like that but it's all about pacing. Sativas are amazing to get the head rolling for essays or studying imo, defiantly get much more focused..... just don't over do it :D

7. Small amounts of weed give me more energy without making me lose too much focus. Personally I'd get that shit done, then smoke. You can get anything done quickly when weed is your motivation to finish haha. But 2-3 hits from a bowl (not a bong) and you should be okay

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. #8 AngryWiseman, Nov 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2013
    Reality check:  Weed is not magical.  There is no amount of weed which is going to help you become enthused about schoolwork.  Weed can help you grind through activities you already know how to do or open doors of creativity, but no strain on the planet is going to make you excited about learning what a dangling participle is. No judgements, but if you have been expelled from school and are now slacking on self paced education, maybe a little time for introspection wouldn't be a bad idea.  There's likely a connection. Oddly enough, I've gained some incredible insights into who I am and what my own real issues and motivations are by getting mind-fucked high and meditating on those issues.  Weed never helped me in any educational venues, though.  Use the weed for that insight and maybe recognize the advantages/disadvantages of your educational efforts or lack thereof.  If you don't crave the knowledge or at least the generic "education", you'll always just be bored with a stone on top. 

9. I think weed can make you more focused, but only to a certain time extent. Then you'll proly get even more focused on something else. I'm proof of this, because I had to do a project for US History. I smoked, and got about almost halfway done with it, then I started t think about starwars(idek why) and I went and watched starwars.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. If you smoke a small amount you should be fine, may even help with in-depth focus.  :rolleyes:

11. Weed affects everyone differently.  As with everything else in life (drugs, alcohol, exercise) you need to learn your own limits and learn what works best for you.

12. Simple fix. While sober do the outline. What your project will be about how you will go about doing it. Then smoke and do it. Of vice versa. I think finding out HOW your gonna do the project is the hard part. Do u have the subject already?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. It seems to work for me. I only have a problem getting started[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. It's not entirely that helpful to let the GC community know that now, after being expelled from high school you're slacking off in a homeschooling program that is self-paced. What I mean is that weed typically comes with the intent to feel relaxed, calm, and at peace with whatever it is that you're doing, while high. Of course there are the sativa strains or sativa-dominated strains that can give people more energy and give them more focus unlike the indica, but nevertheless these are no loopholes to give you motivation to do your own work.

This, to me, is an effort to abuse the drug and the advantages people get when smoking marijuana. Your belief that it is a self-help drug and can provide you the means to do your work is humorous and yet is still annoying enough for me to tell you that you need to get your head into your work and just do it; weed isn't going to help you there. 

15. #15 nugasawrus, Nov 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2013

IME I would recommend a decent sativa strain, even better if you have a vaporizer. By setting the temperature lower (160c-180c) you will receive a longer high due to being only exposed to limited cannabinoids such as THC and CBD. While feeling more focused and uplifted depending on the strain.
    It is my own understanding to believe that CBD is closely connected to THC and is responsible in prolonging the duration of the euphoric high contributed by THC. While limiting yourself to fewer cannabinoids, one will notice different side effects which could benefit you in your circumstances.
    Here is a small chart of the different boiling points of cannabinoids.

Credit goes to: herb green
    Source: http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/18240-vapor-temps-for-cannabinoids-and-medical-properties/

Vapor points and medical properties of some of the healing compounds in cannabis. A very nice list to have if you use a vaporizer.

Phytocannabinoids - Boiling Points and Properties
    -9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC)
    Boiling point: 157*C / 314.6F
    Properties: Euphoriant, Analgesic, Anti-inflammatory, Antioxidant, Antiemetic

Cannabidiol (CBD)
    Boiling point: 160-180*C / 320-356F
    Properties: Anxiolytic, Analgesic, Antipsychotic, Anti-inflammatory, Antioxidant,
    Antispasmodic

Cannabinol (CBN)
    Boiling point: 185*C / 365F
    Properties: Oxidation, Sedative, Antibiotic

Cannabichromene (CBC)
    Boiling point: 220*C / 428F
    Properties: Anti-inflammatory, Antibiotic, Antifungal

-8-tetrahydrocannabinol (-8-THC)
    Boiling point: 175-178*C / 347-352.4F
    Properties: Resembles -9-THC, Less psychoactive, more stable Antiemetic

Tetrahydrocannabivarin (THCV)
    Boiling point: 220*C / 428F
    Properties: Analgesic, Euphoriant

Terpenoid Essential Oils - Boiling Points and Properties
    9-myrcene
    Boiling point: 166-168*C / 330.8-334.4F
    Properties: Analgesic. Anti-inflammatory, Antibiotic, Antimutagenic

9-caryophyllene
    Boiling point: 119*C / 246.2F
    Properties: Anti-inflammatory, Cytoprotective (gastric mucosa), Antimalarial

d-limonene
    Boiling point: 177*C / 350.6F
    Properties: Cannabinoid agonist, Immune potentiator, Antidepressant, Antimutagenic

Linalool
    Boiling point: 198*C / 388.4F
    Properties: Sedative, Antidepressant, Anxiolytic, Immune potentiator

Pulegone
    Boiling point: 224*C / 435.2F
    Properties: Memory booster, AChE inhibitor, Sedative, Antipyretic

1,8-cineole (eucalyptol)
    Boiling point: 176*C / 348.8F
    Properties: AChE inhibitor, Increases cerebral blood flow, Stimulant, Antibiotic, Antiviral,
    Anti-inflammatory, Antinociceptive

=-pinene
    Boiling point: 156*C / 312.8F
    Properties: Anti-inflammatory, Bronchodilator, Stimulant, Antibiotic, Antineoplastic, AChE
    inhibitor

=-terpineol
    Boiling point: 217-218*C / 422.6-424.4F
    Properties: Sedative, Antibiotic, AChE inhibitor, Antioxidant, Antimalarial

Terpineol-4-ol
    Boiling point: 209*C / 408.2F
    Properties: AChE inhibitor. Antibiotic

p-cymene
    Boiling point: 177*C / 350.6F
    Properties: Antibiotic, Anticandidal, AChE inhibitor

Borneol
    Boiling point: 210*C / 410F
    Properties: Antibiotic, -3-carene 0.004% 168 Anti-inflammatory

-3-carene
    Boiling point: 168*C / 334.4F
    Properties: Anti-inflammatory

Flavonoid and Phytosterol Components - Boiling Points and Properties
    Apigenin
    Boiling point: 178*C / 352.4F
    Properties: Anxiolytic, Anti-inflammatory, Estrogenic

Quercetin
    Boiling point: 250*C / 482F
    Properties: Antioxidant, Antimutagenic, Antiviral, Antineoplastic

Cannflavin A
    Boiling point: 182*C / 359.6F
    Properties: COX inhibitor, LO inhibitor

9-sitosterol
    Boiling point: 134*C / 273.2F
    Properties: Anti-inflammatory, 5-=-reductase, inhibitor

From California NORML, in an investigation of vaporizer effectiveness:

The vaporizer produced THC at a temperature of 185 C. (365 F.) while completely eliminating three measured toxins - benzene, a known carcinogen, plus toluene and naphthalene. Carbon monoxide and smoke tars were both qualitatively reduced by the vaporizer, but additional testing is needed to quantify the extent of the decrease.

Although the study was not designed to detect the highly carcinogenic tars known as polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, which are thought to be a leading culprit in smoking-related cancers, there was good reason to believe that they were suppressed, since they normally form at much higher temperatures of combustion.

Significant amounts of benzene began to appear at temperatures of 200 C. (392 F), while combustion occurred around 230 (446F) or above. Traces of THC were in evidence as low as 140 C. (284 F).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Best of luck with your project.

Nugasawrus

16. use all clear plucked a week early cured weed with clear trichs for focusing.

17. Weed will not make you focus. Seriously I was driving on the highway home from school, was stoned as fuck, ended up in the next state over. I completely fucking forgot I was going home.

18. haha, i've done the same thing, except i ended up waay out in the boonies. The police department in the shitty little town had the sign painted on the side of someone's house and had a dirty, dented cop car parked in the back lol. having a little trouble focusing right now  :smoking:

19. #20 iSmokePurps, Nov 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2013
    [quote name="SimplyBaked" post="19057372" timestamp="1385532793"]Weed will not make you focus. Seriously I was driving on the highway home from school, was stoned as fuck, ended up in the next state over. I completely fucking forgot I was going home.[/quote]It's dependent on strain and person bro I use it for school and work.Try a clear headed sativa dominant