How to fix this problem?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by kawnchiss, Jun 1, 2017.

1. Hey, just finished flushing these 2 as I'm not too sure what's going on, everything was growing really healthy and fine until about a week ago, the new growth just kept turning yellow, appreciate the help!

Attached Files:

2. Clear cups aren't generally a good idea, i would slip those clear cups in a red cup or wrap it in something so your roots aren't exposed to the light. What was the thought process behind the flush?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Why are you flushing them? That's why they look like that.

4. They were looking like this before I flushed them, if you would have read above, I just finished flushing them as in that was the first flush because I read I should be doing that as the pH level could be off, so if you were so quick to jump to "they look like that because you are flushing them" what could you tell me now.

5. 1. What light, how far away?
    2. What nutes, how often.
    3. Water, how much, how often?
    4.average temp in room

Its common to think its a nute problem and flush them , thinking you will run it out...not true.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

6. 1. Just a standard CFL, transplanting outside this week, and about 10 inches away.
    2. Fox farm, and general hydroponics brand, once every 1-2 weeks.
    3. Quarter gallon to half a gallon depending on how thirsty it is, no schedule, when I see they are hungry I feed them to avoid over feeding, they also like the transition of very dry soil to wet soil vise versa.
    4. id say about 24-26 Degrees Celsius.

And I know this, but if you read above I never stated a nute problem was the reason for flushing , I flushed to fix the pH in the soil, totally different.

7. I get that, ive had ph problems before. I found that flushing didnt do shit, it looks like it would. But it wont. So what to do? I use ph up and ph down. I guess at it! If my soil ph is 7.5 , i mix 5 gallons for say, 9 7gallon pots . I mix it with ph down to about 5.5.........bam you soil is close to 6.5, if its higher or lower do it again. I dont have ph problems anymore.

8. So its a mini flush, to adjust your ph.....

9. Have you given your plants any nutes yet? What strength?

10. #10 MonkeyPickAss, Jun 26, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
    9 7 gallon pots should be using more than 15 gallons... 5 is not even close to enough. A 7 gallon pot should get about 1.5 gallons.

11. How much should a 3 gal pot get ?

12. i mix about 4 gallons to water 4 3 gallon pots and usually have about a gallon left...

13. i just watered two of my plants in 5 gals with about 2 gals of water. they each had a significant amt of runoff. i would expect 1.5 gals to be sufficient for a 7 gal pot

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. The yellowing is on new growth of the plant I'd say it could be a deficiency of some sort

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum