how to find a replacement for broken bowls

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by jdsalinger, Feb 27, 2011.

1. I bought a nice 14inch glass bong and i love it! I loved it so much that i decided to clean its bowl. WHile cleaning the bowl i accidently dropped it. I now am searching online for posts on how to figure out the size of your bowl and cant find anything. Hopefully some one can help me figure it out.:hello:

2. #2 Carmine420, Feb 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2011
    Clean the slide super good, and take it to your LHS. (local headshop) try out different bowl sizes unless it doesn't have a slide, and in that case clean the entire thing and call ahead of time to see if they could help you find a new bowl for your Glass Waterpipe(headshops don't like calling their bongs bongs... its just not cool). Good luck man!

edit* also if its a name brand piece just tell them what you've got and I'm sure they might have another one in stock that they can then tell you what size it is... unless you bought cheap china made shit.

3. 14mm and 18mm most likely 14

4. Take pic with a quarter next to it. Even a crappy cell phone pic and somone will be able to tell you what size.

With a 14", most likely 14mm, but you never know. Is it a specific brand name?

Easiest option like said before is to clean the downstem and take that in. My LHS doesnt mind as long as I'm there by myself. I've even taken used (but cleaned, although you could still smell the resin) pieces in there.

5. a caliper should be able to measure it...?
    [​IMG]

if you get desperate, find one of these...

[​IMG]:D