How to figure out yield!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by iheartgrowing, Sep 12, 2010.

1. Ok guys this is what im thinking. To figure your yield out you have to start when the plant is flowering. Count up all the main branches and set a yield per branch. This is what I have.

7 foot outdoor Silver Haze/Sour Diesel hybrid. I have 26 main branches (not including top cola) that range from 1.5 to 2.5 feet. So far 2 weeks into budding each branch has approximatley 4-5 grams on it (at least). Center cola has about 15 grams. I will harvest in 7 weeks (late october). 2/7 = 3.5. 4.5x3.5 = 16. That gives me around 16 grams per branch. The center cola, 15x3.5 = 52.5. At 16 grams per branch, 16*26 = 416 grams. 416+52.5 = 468.5 total grams. This is my expected yield. Not to mention the plain growth of the overall branches and height of the plant, and the speeding up of budding growth closer to the 12/12 cycle increases my chances of my proposed yield.

I will post pictures tommarow and keep you guys updated until my harvest, stay in touch!
    Tell me what you guys think aswell!

2. If you actually harvest that amount then Ill be somewhat impressed by your harvest math

3. kind of what i was thinking

4. ur math really makes no sense according to how the plant grows... a plant grows most of its weight the last 2 weeks

5. This is how you figure out yield...

plant a seed, grow the plant, chop, dry and cure...now weight it...that's your yield...there is ZERO mathematics to figure out when it comes to yield...2 separate strains that are the same size can yield greatly different...

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. .3 -- .8 GPW, never really saw any documented grows over 1 gpw.

7. Theres plenty documented 1+ GPW grows in the journal sections of these forums...

Although they're completely irrelevent, becuase hes talking about an outdoor plant ;)

8. Point one out.

9. sure, you know, becuase im not lazy and can actually use the search function ;)

10. word dat...anything else is countin' your chickens early......
    there are some grows over 1 gpw.......there are a shitload more 1/4 gpw:smoking:but this is outdoor

11. Yield is derectly related to the veg time (both in indoor and outdoor, in the case of outdoor how early you plant, or if you pre-veg)

Trying to apply a formula that doesnt include time as a variable is wack.

As people have mentioned previously plants grown from seed of the exact same strain, from the same mother, will yield different amounts, becuase of Phenotypes, and some strains can have half a dozen different phenotypes.

Unless you've got multiple grows under your belt using the exact same grow condtions, the same veg/flower times, using clones from the same mother, you will never beable to accuratly predict what your yield will be, and those results will be unique to your grow, and not even usefull to anyone else.

12. Yeah thats right, and every 80 days I pull about .6 -- .7 GPW without Co2 on Northern lights.

13. heres a grow from sugardaddie for you Hardrive, i think he pulls 1.5grams per grow, theres another grower tha claims 2 gpw grows but i cant rememebr his name.... both are seasoned growers with dozens of grows (of the same strain0 under thier belt, so have thier shit dialed in.

14. i have a question for ya'll

lets say i take 9 identical seeds and veg each for 4 weeks.. then i bud for 8 weeks.

and lets say all 9 give roughly the same yield under a 1000w hps of about 1.5oz each (13.5oz total)

if i were to take 9 more of the same seeds and veg them each 6 weeks instead of 4 as done before.. what would the estimated increase in yield be?

15. I've read his journal, and I classify those commercial guys with light tracks and sun circles as a different class of grower.

Show a journal without movers and that didn't take 100 days and breaks the 1 GPW.

Oh and I missed the part about the outside plant, but the sarcastic reply, I find it offensive, and I see your post count and your sig, .405 GPW and I must wonder if those posts are just irrelivant replys with no usefull knowledge....

Sorry to hijack your thread iheartgrowing.

HD

16. So are you going to keep changing the condtions people can grow in to suit your critea? "pathetic" (as you put it).
    I find it offensive when people cant be bothered to use the search function ;)
    Anyones that read my grow (or atleast the first post in it) would know that i wasnt after 1gpw, and that it was litrially my first time trying out Hydro grows (as I'm an outdoor grower). Just becuase my tiny hobby grow didn't get 1gpw doesnt mean its impossible, as ive allready shown in a grow that i linked... I cant be bothered linking any more grows, its quite clear your obstinate and wouldn't accept the fact that people regually grow more than 1gpw anyway.

It really doesnt matter what your opinion is in the end though, becuase like i said before, your comments on gpw are completely irrelevent; the dudes growing an outdoor plant. nice hijack of a thread though :rolleyes:

17. #17 HardDrive, Sep 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2010
    Dude's like you think they know it all, and are quick to flame, trying to make up for their ignorance, why don't you shut ur smart mouth, try to do some reading and maybe learn something so your patethic little grow may turn to something more than a little skeeter leg.

Look at my posts prick, or my journals, I try and help if I can, you, well .... :cry:

HD