how to feel alright after few hours of sleep?

Discussion in 'General' started by Tastytrichomes, Jun 30, 2013.

1. #1 Tastytrichomes, Jun 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2013
    i have work at 7:30 am tomorrow, meaning i gotta get up by 6:45 the latest...

since ive been on a weeklong break from work my sleep schedule has gotten a bit crazy, not horrible though. today i woke up at 12pm, like i usually do. that means i probably won't get to sleep until 12:30 am at best. i'm a horrible sleeper

what are some things i can do to fall asleep and wake up feeling decent instead of horribly tired? sometimes i just wake up feeling fine but most of the time i NEED eight hours sleep or else ill be tired all day. there's no way i'll get more than six. i already smoked some really nice indica and im gonna take a melatonin later to knock myself out

any suggestions would be appreciated, I'LL PROVIDE REP

2. i wish i could help you, but i am the same way. if i get up late, i fall asleep late, simple as that. my advice, smoke a bowl in the morning. I dont like smoking before bed but some do.

3. Take 25 sleeping pills, you'll sleep so good that you'll never wake up again.

You can't be posting this kind of nonsense on Grasscity. - Chunk

its heavy indica man, not good for working

5. So, basically you need to understand sleep cycles. You do NOT want to wake up abruptly from REM sleep. You will feel like shit. Normally you cycle into REM every 90 minutes.

If you have an Android phone, search an app called Sleep Cycles. Input the time you're going to sleep, and it will tell you the best times to wake up.

6. Lots of coffee.

7. I would love to tell you, but the forum guidelines won't allow me too. :(

8. Sometimes the less sleep I get the better i feel. Slept almost 12 hours today and was groggy as fuck. I only get like 6 and a half hours for work and feel fine.

thanks for that app, ill search it

however i do know about sleep cycles and how they operate but it's very difficult to time myself to wake up exactly at the right moment, since i can't fall asleep so easily at a specific time initially

Just take a guess at what time you're going to fall asleep. You usually have a pretty large margin of error.

11. Table soon sea salt.and.chug mad water. Then vitamans and caffeen head fed buter oatmeal penuat butter amd sativa

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. I never knew if you woke up during REM that you'd feel like shit.. that's interesting tho.. I'm gunna look up that app too. But like tasty said, it will be hard for me to set the time I go to sleep, cause I can't know the exact time

13. When you wake up do some exercises like push-ups or something and stretch. That wakes your body up, and eat a bowl of cereal or something for breakfast. Oatmeal would be prime

14. maybe you aren't entirely tired when you fall asleep. I participated in athletics and was required to be at the fields by 6 or 7 am, times changed.  I always woke up at 6:15 with my biological alarm clock, maybe you need to schedule one for yourself because now I always wake up early. I can manage my sleep fairly well somehow. 

However, in your morning, you need to make a routine that will allow your mind some time to play catch up with your body. IF you don't like coffee, try waking up 15 minutes earlier and stretch. 

(sry for long post)

Or work-out before you want to fall asleep and try to tire yourself by exerting as much energy possible. I don't know about anyone else, but music helps me wake up. Anything that I enjoy helps me wake up so I try to find time for little things like music, because you can't do much when you have more important things to do later in the day. Overall, exercising gets you tired, i'd personally smoke right after lol, and then extra time for waking up in the morning. (snooze does not count as waking up. You must be sitting up and moving around.

15. Maybe start working out. Whenever I kill myself working out, I'm in bed by 9 or 930 and have no trouble waking up early to start the day. I'm a morning person though and I require 8 hours so being in bed by 9 or 10 comes natural then.

16. Sniff a smartie

sea salt, really? i do take a vitamin and eat a protein bar (30g) every morning with a lot of water. i know protein is good for waking up

wears me out quick, way too much sugar content and whatever the hell else is in that chemical concocktion

my job consists of loading vehicles and other shit at home depot so i'm going to wake up eventually from the physical movement. i don't want to wake up feeling like shit for a half hour while i get ready through. what makes oatmeal so good for the morning?

that's what i did. i'm about to fall asleep soon. i will listen to some music in the morning and see if that helps

like i said above i just finished a little while ago and i'm almost tired enough. my goal is to not feel like shit when i wake up though, not so much forcing myself to hit the bed

i need to get myself on a regular schedule that doesn't consist of waking up late and sleeping late

thanks everyone

18. B Vitamins and maybe Green Tea Extract.(Mega T)

19. too tired to roll a blunt so i know i'm about to sleep soon