How to easily make a car charger for your Pax by Ploom

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by LefthandMan, Jun 29, 2013.

1. Wow that looked simple lol and as cool as that is I truly believe if your looking to charge a pax in your car you should get an inverter, I managed to pick one up on ebay that has enough power to work with any vape for $15.
    What I like about an inverter as opposed to making a car charger for something is you can plug anything into the inverter, get a new vape? no problem, plug in other random shit you want? no problem. and it is inexpensive.
    just a suggestion though.

• Like Like x 1
  2. HOLD UP Y'ALL! Upon further review, I retracted my blog post. This worked when I tested it for a couple minutes. On the road this morning, with the converter plugged in for about 45 mins, I noticed an ozone like toasty smell and found the converter was really warm, and worse, my Pax seems dead. Best case scenario is this rig drained the battery completely and I can bring it back to life with my wall charger. Worst case scenario is I fried my Pax. Oops. Sorry for jumping the gun. DON'T TRY THIS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.

3. #4 LefthandMan, Jul 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2013
    And for a final follow up, it turned out that I DID NOT fry my Pax. The cheapass car charger did indeed completely drain the battery, but it charged up just fine with the wall charger and now works as good as ever. Whew!

I think dvdmeece is right that an inverter is the way to go. 

• Like Like x 1
  4. Definitely agree with the inverter on this one. I have one in my truck for various things. Comes in quite handy, especially for charging up your portables. My vape works off an 18650, and no charging port. So, I keep an Li-Ion charger in my center console lol.

5. Unless you're using a quality inverter, I'd make sure that any DIY car chargers don't void that 10 year warranty. I don't know about anyone else but it's a big part of why I got mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. Change title thread to "How to fuck up your PAX by Ploom"

• Like Like x 1