How To Dry Large Amounts

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by guygreenthumbs, May 23, 2014.

1. Hello everyone, I'm coming up on a big harvest and was wondering what some of you do to dry larger amounts at once. I have 14 girls i'll be cutting down. I plan on flushing then waiting for the pot to dry out and chop chop. Cut all the large leafs off. Hang for 3 days. Cut the remaining leafs off and finishing trimming. Hang again for 3 days. Cut the buds off into a large storage contain like one for under your bed with some type of grate to keep them from laying on the bottom. Close it. Burp for 5 - 10 minutes a day. Am I on the right track?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. sounds like you have a good knowledge of what to do already

3. I just wanted to see what you guys think. Obviously the best way after hanging is to jar it. Last time I jared 3 pounds it was a pain to burp regularly. So I'm gomma try the large storage containers. Trying to brainstorm. Any input is greatly appreciated

4. you could look into water curing if you want to cut down the time it takes to cure, but i wouldnt say thats necessarily easier.

5. Ya I watched how its done and I don't want to risk losing anything. It looks like a good practice just not one I feel I'm ready for yet and still can't believe it doesnt hurt potency at all.

6. Try water curing... Much more potency/ volume

Sent from my right nipple~Grasscity Forum

7. more potency and more weight? Do you have any sources to back this up? Not that I don't believe you I just thought water cure was still controversial.

8. #8 lFourTwenty, May 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2014

Try one of the huge glass jars or one of those big blue plastic water jugs that go on water fountains in offices if you can get your hands on one

http://www.amazon.com/Anchor-Hocking-2-Gallon-Heritage-Glass/dp/B000KKI7GY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1401204878&sr=8-2&keywords=big+glass+jar
    http://www.amazon.com/Anchor-Hocking-Montana-2-Gallon-Brushed/dp/B000RMTG3S/ref=pd_sim_hg_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=1M12F0GAWCG2335E6AYD

9. There is more than one way to skin a cat when it comes to this part but you have it pretty much nailed down.

Im harvesting myself today, I cut all the leaf off and cut all the bud off the stems and put it all on drying racks.