How to document / take pics / have a grow journal

Discussion in 'Security' started by littlewingz, Apr 9, 2012.

1. So I hear about people being able to track coordinates with iPod photos? Is this true.. If so, how can I make a grow journal without it compromising my security? I would love to be able to track my first grow from start to finnish :) thank you so much!

2. remove EXIF metadata from all pics before you post them

3. most pictures on your computer will tell you time, date, camera, lens typ,e and camera model. also photos from iphones and maybe some camerras? will give an aproximate gps location if the proper settings arent turned off.

4. Thanks for the info everyone :]

5. For Android download ExifViewer from the android marketplace. It will tell you all the data attached to the pics.

6. Wow that is really fuckulated.... I know a lot about tech, and never once even thought about that. I will never be posting photos again without removing metadata... Shit man...

7. send it to you computer, then go into its properties an click remove all personal information. an make sure that you check the boxes next to what you wanted removed

8. Its simple....Dont store pictures of MMJ on personal devices linked to a wireless network. I dont care what anyone says; if the man wants to, he can look at those pictures and you will never know. Until it is to late. I was in the AF and saw just a fraction of shit the government can do through telecommunications and wireless intercepts.

Dont use your cell phones to take pictures for a MMJ journal. Use a digital camera, load the pictures to your computer, store them on a encrypted drive or delete them when done. Its simple security.

Never leave MMJ pictures on a cell phone. If anyone comes across your phone like if you loose it...your whole livelihood is compromised.

Never trust something with wireless networking capabilities to store sensitive data on without some form of encryption.