Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to determine quality of hash?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Stoned Eskimo, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Hey guys, so today I picked up a 1/8 of hash from a new guy, but it's not like the traditional oily stuff I see on the forums. It's a tan chunk of almost powdery stuff than falls apart really easy. Any feedback on if this is better or worse than oils?

2. Sounds like regular hash to me. Just top a bowl with some or put a little bit in a pipe with a screen and you should be good. Only way I know to check quality is by smoking it. And I think the closer it is to golden in color the better but I'm not sure.

How much did you pay for an 1/8 oh hash

3. If it catches on fire fast when you put your lighter flame on it, it means it's good stuff (melting and bubbles are a good sign too)... you can just try lighting up the big chunk, no need to pack a bowl to evaluate the quality of your hash...

4. Sounds like dry ice hash, or another similar extraction method.

5. [quote name='"Timotonx"']If it catches on fire fast when you put your lighter flame on it, it means it's good stuff... you can just try lighting up the big chunk, no need to pack a bowl to check the quality of your hash...[/quote]

Lol well if your going to put a lighter to it why not smoke it while your at it?

6. Lol I didn't say put the whole thing on fire for 5 minutes, just light up a corner and blow on it right after it catches on fire... Also if you have 3 types of hash you don't need to smoke 3 bowls to see the quality.

7. Thanks guys, I wasn't sure if it was hash or just kief. Iconic it was 60 for the 1/8.

8. what method are you smoking it?

9. Smoking out of a bong and probably a few hash cigarettes in public.

10. Hash does wreak so watch what you're doing!

11. [quote name='"Timotonx"']

Lol I didn't say put the whole thing on fire for 5 minutes, just light up a corner and blow on it right after it catches on fire... Also if you have 3 types of hash you don't need to smoke 3 bowls to see the quality.[/quote]

That makes sense but you would probably have to have experience with hash to be able to tell if it's good if you only have one kind in front of you. OP sounded like his first time with hash.

12. [quote name='"Stoned Eskimo"']Thanks guys, I wasn't sure if it was hash or just kief. Iconic it was 60 for the 1/8.[/quote]

Sounds like a good deal. I personally only top bowls of bud with hash when using my bong that seams to have the best effect. Or in a pipe with a screen is pretty cherry. I also wouldn't risk it in public but to each there own. Enjoy the pick up man.

13. I didn't mean like smoking in a crowd:p But I don't like the concept of smoking pure weed or hash in a car, it's like asking to get arrested!

14. If it don't bubble, it ain't worth the trouble..

15. Even if you smoke tobacco with it it will still stink of bud, it's an overpowering smell, especially hash

Sent from my iPhone using GC Forum