How to correctly take a hit from a pipe?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Cakebake32, Apr 25, 2011.

1. Alright, I just want to make sure I'm doing everything right so that I can get the most out of my marijuana. So this is what I usually do. Load the bowl, Put pipe up to my mouth, cover carv, light weed, inhale till my lungs are getting full, then let go of carb? When I let go of the carb it gets instantly harsh, why is that? And am I doing everything correctly? If not please tell me.

2. When you let go of the carb your letting more weed get into your lungs faster so that makes it more harsh.. You arn't doing anything wrong that's what is suppose to happen.. it's a good thing it means your taking a good hit.. and a good hit gets you stoned right?

Keep doing what your doing buddy your doing everything right.

3. #3 Russia, Apr 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2011
    You're doing it wrong. You want to inhale a good amount before releasing the carb, but leave some breath to inhale more after releasing it. It's getting harsh because air is flowing through the carb and forcing the smoke in the bowl into your mouth much faster than the air that was flowing through the lit weed and bowl. To be technical, the instantaneous mass flow rate greatly increases. You want to be able to take that seemingly harsh smoke completely so as not to waste it. With time it won't seem harsh, but rather rich and full- the sign of a good hit.

4. Russia is right, when there's a little amount of smoke in the pipe and you release the carb, it causes airy, harsh smoke to end your hit. Don't torch it but maybe light t a little more before you start pulling it and definitely hold the carb longer.