HOW TO COOL DOWN GROW BOX (PICTURES)

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by SteezyKush, Jul 19, 2013.

1. P1080003.jpg P1080006.jpg
    This is my grow box its in my closet & i was wondering is there a way to cool it off withought having to assemble one of those computer fan exhaust things i did one of those it doesn't seem to help, i put some frozen water bottles in there but is there a better way to cool it down ? here are 5 23 watt daylight cfls and 2 14w warm white

I need a cheap effective way

2. The hot air has to go somewhere. It must leave the growbox AND it must leave the closet. Cheap is not in the growers dictionary. Man up and spend the money.

3. #3 Shiva Blaster, Jul 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2013
    Gotta exchange the air, you can't get around this.    You need an exhaust fan of some sort.   And BTW, tinfoil is useless as a reflective material.

4. You can't add cold to something warm, to cool it off.   Instead, you must remove the heat by transferring it somewhere else.  The most efficient way of doing this is to use a ventillation fan.   Make vents (holes) near the bottom of your grow cab, and place an exhaust fan near the top of your cab.   This will blow the warm air out the top of the box while drawing in cool air from the bottom.   This will only work if the ambient temperature in the room is cooler than the temps in the box.