Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to convince my parents to let me blaze

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Highguy9, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Hey guys so I know there's already a shitload of forums on this, but the more help I can get the better.

About a month and a half ago I was way too blazed and left a j in my pocket and my parents found it in the laundry:( they had this long ass talk with me about how drugs, even weed can ruin your life, and how it's bad for your mental and physical health (total bullshit). Anyways they have been drug testing me once a week ever since so there's no way I can smoke. They went through all my shit and took my two pipes and lighters and papers away. They seem very stubborn about it and don't think I'll be able to keep up my grades, have a social life, or do sports and stuff of I keep smoking. They also worry about me getting caught by the cops. I haven't even started to try to convince them to let me keep smoking yet. Anyways I was wondering what you guys think I shud tell them and how I shud approach them to try and convince them. I want them to realize that I can be a good person and be responsible with it. Any suggestions would be awesome thanks for the help. Btw I want to respect them and what they say so I'm not gona just say "fuck you mom and dad I'm gona smoke no matter what" to them.

Sorry this was so long btw. I got carried away.

2. Or, you could just do it, and maintain your schooling. Prove them wrong.

3. YOU are the expert on your parents! But more than one kid here has pulled it off by clicking that first link in my sig and educating themselves as a first step! But this article is a good place for you to start reading- written by an EX-drug counselor-

When Your Kid Smokes Pot (news – 2008)
    [FONT=&quot]When Your Kid Smokes Pot | MND: Your Daily Dose of Counter-Theory[/FONT]

WebMD is totally respectable!

Teen Pot Smoking Won't Lead to Other Drugs as Adults (news - 2010)
    [FONT=&quot]Teen Pot Smoking Won't Lead to Other Drugs as Adults[/FONT]

Amotivational syndrome? They were debunking that at PubMed in the mid 70s! (It is actually getting hard to find PubMed studies on Amotivational syndrome! lol)

Operant acquisition of marihuana in man. (abst - 1976)
    [FONT=&quot]Operant acquisition of marihuana in man.[/FONT]

Messes up your education? Not according to a recent twin study-

Associations of Alcohol, Nicotine, Cannabis, and Drug Use/Dependence with Educational Attainment: Evidence from Cotwin-Control Analyses. (abst – 2012)
    Associations of alcohol, nicotine, cann... [Alcohol Clin Exp Res. 2012] - PubMed - NCBI

"However, no differences in education were observed among twin pairs discordant for cannabis initiation, early cannabis use, or cannabis, nicotine, or any illicit drug dependence."

(And maybe you should keep the family medical history in mind as you scroll on down through the "little" GC version of my List :rolleyes:)

If you want the very latest in medical information, send me an email- bottom of my sig- and you will get 840 pages of links to actual medical studies, and lots of news articles about them.

Granny :wave:

4. Straight up write an essay and at the beggining be like i just smoked anyways write it entirely on every subject that could possibly come up of cannabis and give them links through put the essay to credible info on the positive of marinuana in all aspects

5. Ya that's not a bad idea... I'll think about that. I could also wait a few more months, get good grades, and tell them that I'd been smoking the whole time and I've been using someone else's piss in the drug tests. That way I don't have to risk them getting even more pissed at me.

6. Your parents do your laundry? lol

7. Wow that's a lot of great info thanks! I'll definitely be taking a closer look at that.

8. Lol that's exactly what I'm gona do.

9. Just hide it from them. Some people will never change their opinions on shit like this. Especially since they are your parents. If they are anything like mine they would prefer not to know. Just do your best to have a great relationship with them coz you only got one mum and dad. Better to have good memories of them than to fight with them over stupid shit like drugs.

Just from experience here.

10. Haha not usually I just happened to be gone and mom decided to do me a favor. So fuckin unlucky.

11. Ya dude I totally get it. I'm gona try to convince them once and if they won't give in I'll hafta stop until they stop testing me. or figure a good way to bs the tests.

12. Holy crap they are testing you? woah thats pretty rough. Ignore my previous post then. :D

13. Good luck with trying to educate your parents and all that, but if they're freaking out like that (proceeding to drug tests after simply finding a joint) I gotta say I don't like your chances. Sorry, but good luck.

14. Ask them to make an account on grasscity and ask for all the peoples input on here. Tell them to make legit post asking like why should my kid be allowed to smoke, tell them to ask for unbias opinions, and message me personally if they want. I will put my word in for you and im sure many others on this site will too. We all want to smoke weed bro

15. good luck. I dont think your going to be able to convince them however. People are stubborn. maybe in time.

16. #16 cball, Aug 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2012
    tell them you've toked for a few years...
    your grades/life have been fine until they started retarding you with their contempt and degrading attitude towards you, your choices, attitudes that have suddenly changed with the mere presence of a joint in your pocket...

the only harm weed has done to you, is turn mommy and daddy into hate filled, propaganda brainwashed sheep, intent on controlling YOUR adult life.

if they won't back off, move out...adults can do that.

BTW..adults do not have to take a DT if they do not want too...so, you are:

• underage, to young to be on GC
    • an adult that is to dependent on mommy and daddy, and needs to move out ASAP to learn how to be an adult. (for basic needs, food and shelter, not luxuries/perks like internet access..)

OP...fess up, which is it...underage, or too dependent...

17. Yeah right.. if they already have that strong of opinions of it there is no changing it.

18. #18 Ironic, Aug 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2012
    For starters, if mommy is still doing your laundry, saying "I'm a responsible adult" won't get you very far.

I'm not putting down people who live with their parents. Far from it - times are tough..but there's a difference between using your (their) bedroom as a crash pad while you look for a better job/finish school and letting your mom take care of you.

They may feel irritated that you have money to spend on weed but not to move out. I know that's not 100% logical unless you're smoking $100+ a week in bud but it may be how they feel. I suggest that you become as self-sufficient as possible. Do your own laundry, cook your own meals, do well in school/work/both, and don't bring any more weed into their house. As long as you follow these simple steps, things should be harmonious unless your parents are truly unreasonable.

Of course, this is all provided that you're 18+..

Edit: If they are testing you you may need to move out because that's nuts.

19. [quote name='"Storm Crow"']YOU are the expert on your parents! But more than one kid here has pulled it off by clicking that first link in my sig and educating themselves as a first step! But this article is a good place for you to start reading- written by an EX-drug counselor-

When Your Kid Smokes Pot (news – 2008)
    When Your Kid Smokes Pot | MND: Your Daily Dose of Counter-Theory

WebMD is totally respectable!

Teen Pot Smoking Won't Lead to Other Drugs as Adults (news - 2010)
    Teen Pot Smoking Won't Lead to Other Drugs as Adults

Amotivational syndrome? They were debunking that at PubMed in the mid 70s! (It is actually getting hard to find PubMed studies on Amotivational syndrome! lol)

Operant acquisition of marihuana in man. (abst - 1976)
    Operant acquisition of marihuana in man.

Messes up your education? Not according to a recent twin study-

Associations of Alcohol, Nicotine, Cannabis, and Drug Use/Dependence with Educational Attainment: Evidence from Cotwin-Control Analyses. (abst – 2012)
    Associations of alcohol, nicotine, cann... [Alcohol Clin Exp Res. 2012] - PubMed - NCBI

"However, no differences in education were observed among twin pairs discordant for cannabis initiation, early cannabis use, or cannabis, nicotine, or any illicit drug dependence."

(And maybe you should keep the family medical history in mind as you scroll on down through the "little" GC version of my List :rolleyes:)

If you want the very latest in medical information, send me an email- bottom of my sig- and you will get 840 pages of links to actual medical studies, and lots of news articles about them.

Granny :wave:[/quote]

I'm quoting this to refer to later... I may need it very soon. Thanks granny

20. Thanks for all the help and input so far everyone. Keep it coming! Ya I know my chances aren't so great, but it's worth a shot. Honestly if they won't give in, Its not that big of a deal. I can stay clean long enough for them to lay off the testing.