Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to convince cancer patient to try MMJ?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by DankCloudz, Oct 5, 2013.

1. So a friend/associate of mine is going through SOME type of chemo, he is sketchy with it and doesn't say too much about it, but we talk about it occasionally..

Anyway, he is big on taking promethazine/sizzurp (sp) for whatever reason and has no problem using that and I have hinted here and there he should eat an edible etc.   I would be more than happy to share the use of my Volcano Vaporizer.

How do I go about this without freaking him out or offending him?

2. show him some granny's articles.

3. Tell him that this could legitimately save his life and your only doing this to get him to live. i would force blow marijuana in a cancer patient only because i know it would work 

4. For sure.
    That's kinda ignorant lol smoke could fuck with someone's lungs. Way more beneficial ways to consume it for cancer patients man :rolleyes:

5. Make him a batch of brownies or a green dragon tincture, with all proper instructions and a link or two, and let him decide.  One thing I find is that the "patient" needs to get there on their own.  If your friend can read some of the literature and if he has some of the stuff in his possession, he may just give it a try once he's comfortable with the idea and convinced that it could help him.

6. #6 tk86high, Oct 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2013
    As I always say to people ,It's a plant that has not been altered by man and wasnt Produced by a Corporation in some factory to make its effect happen .What's more pure then that in the sense of medicine ? Nothing . Everything else is machine made and Corporately produced . You take it from the ground , like a fruit or vegetable and u intake it to ur body . What's more pure then that ?It sales every time (unless they r really Religious) lol, I should be a weed Consultant ;-)

7. Carful they don't loose their insurance. They don't want to take let them be.

8. Cannabis has a rather long history of treating nausea and other effects of chemo.

Antiemetic effect of delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol in patients receiving cancer chemotherapy.      (abst - 1975)
    http://www.cannabis-med.org/studies/ww_en_db_study_show.php?s_id=4

And they are still doing studies on it! This one is interesting since they used a simple cannabis tincture in a spray bottle. Anyone could easily make a DIY version.

A Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled, Crossover Pilot Trial With Extension Using an Oral Mucosal Cannabinoid Extract for Treatment of Chemotherapy-Induced Neuropathic Pain.
    (abst – 2013)      http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23742737

If you want more studies, check out the bottom of my sig and send me an email! I have a few pages of links on cannabis and chemo.

Granny

9. You have already suggested it to your friend. We can't make our buddies do what WE want. Please - he can make up his own mind. I'm familiar with his med. It's excellent for nausea. You would be pushing boundaries with him if you keep at him. And then he will start avoiding you because you keep bummin him out by crossing your boundary. I'm sure you mean well and care about your friend. And he appreciates it. I'm sure. Remember the old adage- "You can lead a horse to water. But you can't make him drink". May good karma always be with you

10. You said you've only hinted at it.  Make him some edibles and give them to him along with some information on how THC can help nausea, pain, etc.  Let him decide for himself if he wants to eat a delicious treat, but make him decide treat in hand.

11. Your post is a bit vague. How good of a friend is he? Can you speak plainly?

Prepare ahead for a frank talk.

Storm Crow has provided a teaser in her post, there is much more.

David Triplett's youtube video "Cured:A cancer story" is concise and factual. And now he has "Cured too".

Dennis Hill"s story is excellent. A biochemist who cured his prostate cancer with cannabis oil.

Rick Simpson's "Run from the cure" is a bit long but good if he shows interest.

You can't convince someone this stuff works, you can only present facts and hope it is enough to cut through 70 years of brainwashing.

12. Show him some studies. Cannabis is the greatest antiemetic on planet earth. 

13. #13 jamesnb, Oct 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2013
    If you concentrate pot in any way, it is infact "altered by man". So lighten up weed consultant.
    There are several FDA approved chemotherapy drugs in use today which are derived from plants. Taxol and Taxotere are two that have been used since the 90s. There's a lot of reasearch on many different plant chemicals that inhibit cancer cell growth.
    OP - all you can do is make him aware and let him know you could help him out if he would like.

14. I don't understand what u mean by "concentrate pot " I grow my own 100% organic weed and the seeds I breed , so I don't understand what was "altered by man"? The fact that I made the plant give me seeds and I grew it ???
    So what about the FDA they have THC pills called marinol , why don't u go use that instead of the real thing I mean at least marinol is approved by the FDA unlike my 100% organic grown , man altered pot . LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. Pot can help with nausea and pain but smoking a couple of joints doesn't cure cancer.
    By concentrating I mean doing any sort of extraction, be it hemp oil, tincure or cannabutter.
    Marinol is FDA approved for increasing appetite for people with AIDS. I don't have AIDS and I don't need to increase my appetite.
    So what exactly do you tell people smoking your 100% organic dope is going to do for them Mr. Weed Consultant?

16. "It's something that can better most of, if not all of your symtoms, it's not harmful to you in anyway and oh yeah, if you extract THC and make a certain concentrate it can CURE your cancer."

17. Have him read THIS article straight from www.cancer.gov.  I scanned it over and it seems surprisingly accurate and truthful regarding cannabis as medicine.

18. I tell them get HIGH and fly on my all organic ride !!
    YeaaaaAAh !

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app