How to control stretching?!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by electrondon, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Hello guys does anyone have any tips on how to control/slow stretching? Iv not much room left to work with if they get much higher I’ll be snapping stems trying to get into the tent to peer over the canopy. Adjustments.JPG Adjustments.JPG Adjustments.JPG Adjustments.JPG w Adjustments.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

Attached Files:

2. Are you going into the flowering phase or still in the veg phase?

3. Too me they look like they been turned over to flower 3 weeks ago

I would hang a fan and point it at the hps this will really bring down the canopy temp

• Like Like x 1
  4. You can top everything. I accidentally snapped the tip off a branch in week 4 of flower. It finished shorter than the rest but got fat.
    Screenshot_20191112-202628_Video Player.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  5. Snapped = fluids won't flow past and the top dies
    Crushed = Fluids flow and the top finishes on the horizontal orientation

With thumb or pliers crush a 6-12 inch zone where you want the fold. Tie or weight them down as they will try and stand back up.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. agree, that's how many accidently have to learn supercropping. I believe these high P flower formulas are a culprit.

7. can you supercrop in flower? like week 2 of flower, stretch not done yet. Ive never had to but now im running out of space.

8. If it snaps. You can wrap it with a small piece of duct tape. Done it before. On my first cfl grow. It ended up being my fattest cola.

9. You van Control the stretch with the temps in the room.
    Hotter-less stretch.
    Colder-more stretch.

10. Mainly by keeping the MH bulb in until stretch is over. There’s too much red in HPS. Also I’ve read by keeping day/night temps the same.

11. Thanks for the advice, I used super cropping and it looks like it worked out well didn’t need any tape :)

12. Can we get a pic please?

13. Glad it worked out. Cheers

14. Hey man I’m really bad at pictures and the tent is quite full the first two pictures is the most visible super crop I did it to about 4 or five stems on two different plants.

The last two pictures are what I believe is a mutant?
    Or is the top bud just really wide?

Adjustments.JPG Adjustments.JPG Adjustments.JPG Adjustments.JPG

15. It might be a polyploid

• Like Like x 1
  16. I think your right the stem is super thicc and matches other photos online have you ever had one?

FYI
    Do not google polyploid on its own you’ll see some off putting pictures.