How To Collect Vaporizer Resin

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by mightyliang, May 13, 2014.

1. Do I just soak the pieces in isopropyl and then pour the brown solution in something and let the alcohol evaporate? Then I'll scrape the brown remains and then smoke/vape that?

Also, can I pour the excess alcohol away to speed the process up? I have a brown solution that is like 1 inch in depth and I would assume it would take a while for the alcohol to evaporate

2. Place iso in freezer. Soak pieces in iso for a few and give a good shaking. Buy unbleached coffee filters and use like two of them to strain out leftover plant material. Pour onto a glass pyrex dish. Let it sit for at least two days. Then just use a razor blade to scrape it up and enjoy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

I do not have coffee strainers nor do I plan on getting some for this procedure because I'm just testing out how this works and I may or may not do this again. 

I'm confused. I read on some other thread that when you strain the alcohol solution (that you used to clean your vaporizer pieces), you remove the brown matter but the liquid substance that was strained will be left air dry? I thought the brown matter was ur "resin"? Why are some people saying to strain out this brown matter and throw it away?

4. What you are after is the yellow resin that is left. The plant matter has already been vaporized but the resin itself is THC vapor. When you strain you are left with like a yellow liquid and no particles in it. You can leave the plant in it just won't be as clean. But once the iso evaporates you are left with a sticky residue on your dish that when scraped turns into your vapor resin. What vape are you going to be cleaning? I have a solo

5. Why would u use iso In the first place? Just scrape it out, if enough is built up youl end up with a pile your making it a lot more complicated then it needs to be

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. #6 mightyliang, May 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2014
    Thank you @123burnthatttree cleared it up for me! I'm using dbv vape

7. Works wih any vape jus scrape the resin out an comes out with no effort, get grams easily just hae to save up and wait, even solo stems or dbv stems same thing

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. Ok so I just filtered out the plant material and I'm left with this golden brown liquid. Any way I can speed the evaporation process? Pics attached

Attached Files:

9. You can use a fan on low or a heating pad. I usually just let mine evaporate tho.

what's the best environment for it to evaporate? right now i placed it in my basement in a dark, cool area because i dont want the house to reek of isopropyl alcohol. would it be wise to put it outside where it's exposed to open air? would it contaminate the alcohol or the resin during evaporation? thanks!

11. I'd leave it inside. Less chance of foreign particles falling in. I usually just let it air out in my room. But if smell is a concern you could try finding an area in your living space where the smell will go unnoticed.