Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to collect resin?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by slurpin, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Hey guys, new guy here.

I prefer to smoke with a waterfall bong, usually with a Pepsi bottle or something like that. It's easier to hide and just makes my life easier.

After several uses, the bottles will start to turn brown with what I'm guessing is resin/tar. I was wondering if there was any way to extract this from the bottles and would it be in any way smokeable?

2. #2 Tree Burner, Apr 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2014
    Naw man, even though you could if it was thick enough you'd probably scrape off plastic too. You "could" but fuck that noise. If you can hide a pepsi bottle you can hide some glass......

3. I have a glass piece but because of the weather I've had to smoke inside most of the time and spoons smell too much.

4. #4 Tree Burner, Apr 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2014
    Ah, well, if you were careful I guess you could scrape it like a pipe. I personally wouldn't though...

You could get a pipe with a bowl cover(metal) along with a smoke buddy to blow your smoke through. Depending on the bowl size a dime or something might work as well.

5. #5 YoShytsWeak, Apr 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2014
    Alcohol extraction would be possible although a Pepsi bottle isn't medical grade and you will get some residual plastic in your final product. Just toss that shit! It's mostly tar anyways...

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. 1. Toss bottle
    2. Get new bottle

7. where do people get resin then?

8. #8 Tree Burner, Apr 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2014
    Most people where I'm from call the residue that builds up on the inside of a pipe resin. Not compressed resin glands such as hash....

People scrap their pipe to get resin(build-up) if they are desperate. Not that great to smoke...

9. #9 Sluht, Apr 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2014
    There is fuck these guys get 90% ISO get the plastic dry first (just air so the res doesn't come off on the towel.) get a cap and swish the ISO around until it turns brownish then dump it into an open bowl that you can use just for this. Then let it dry it will take a few hours depending on temp inside/outside and how much you used.
    Get a razor scrape it up.
    MAKE SURE ITS DRY THIS SHIT IS FLAMMABLE.

Sucks to suck

10. Use iso or find a Bobby pin and get to work

I don't wanna come out of the rabbit hole.