Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to clean the thc from an electric grinder(coffee grinder)

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Jaydey, Oct 16, 2016.

1. So,
    About a year back my sister and I purchased an electric grinder because we're lazy and now we're a little confused as to how we clean the thc out of it without; 1) wasting the goods 2) using alcohol wipes or any wet wipe or water source 3) without scratching the stainless steel inside the grinder..

Any help or tips on how you clean and collect would help!
    We generally use old make up brushes to sweep it all up + store in a air tight container, but it still leaves ALOT of dust in the machine.

2. This scenario is impossible. You either have to scratch it out, or loose the goods

How can you tell me this plant is not good for me?

• Like Like x 3
  3. Rubbing Alcohol....add salt of you can. Same thing for cleaning pipes n bongs. Same thing to make rick Simpson oil

God Bless the Harvest

• Like Like x 1
  4. 98%

God Bless the Harvest

5. Damn!! I was hoping I wouldn't have to scrape the metal! Thanks heaps though :)

6. Use some rigid plastic, like a credit card to scrape it out.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

7. Ok so I posted...USE RUBBING ALCOHOL. UNPLUGGED THE UNIT get some q tips, paper towels and it's like magic

God Bless the Harvest

8. Use salt as an exfoliation

God Bless the Harvest

9. some ratchet shit right here.

lol

invest in a better grinder in the future. I would recommend at least a 3-piece with kief catcher and screen.
    :RoorRip:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Hell yeah what he said...buy the right tools too. Lol. Yall wasting keif lmao

God Bless the Harvest

11. What dude said before would work with the RS oil.... Using alcohol to clean but idk how youd catch the alcohol in order to process it to get the thc

12. Scrap as much as you can best way

13. I clean my pipes n bongs with this and salt. Works like magic. One week and I gotta clean my Glass

God Bless the Harvest

14. Thanks All!
    Ended up finding the right tools at the Happy herb Shop!
    Got a few brushes that did that job well and didn't have to risk my thc by putting any oils or rubbing alcohols into or on the machine. Got a qrt of a film canister full of thc then just gave it a good brush and ran it a few times with no bud to bring out the extra dust :) looks like new again!

Those who suggested a hand grinder, thanks but that's a no go!
    Most of them don't last with the amounts we're putting through it + the conditions of where we live they get hot to the point where the fuckers burn you even if it's been put away + the electric grinder holds the majority of thc in the lid so we just brush it into our thc container after our night night sessions

15. Maybe next time just turn the fucker over and bash the shit outta it against a paper plate or something then buy a new one for $10.
    And don't use a film canister not the best of environments for stuff you'll be ingesting.

16. thanks, but my electric grinder cost $100 so I'm not going to just bang it around! plus most of the thc would just be blown or knocked away that way. The film cannister has never been used for anything other than thc and was bought for 20cents when the chemist stopped developing photos when I was about 11 or so it's all good :)

17. If you spent $100 on the grinder whatever residuals are in the film canister ain't gonna matter. Cheers to you!

18. Damn i am too late. I would have put melted hit coconut oil in and tried to clean it with that so youd have infused coconut oil then clean the rest with alcohol.

Oh well