How to clean my basket screen?

Discussion in 'Forum Tech Questions, Problems and Troubleshooting' started by Uniquehorn, Apr 13, 2019.

1. My basket screens get reallllly gunky. Is it worth it? What could I use?
    Thank you in advance guys

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. What is a basket screen?? Do you mean the metal screens you use on a bong/pipe??

• Like Like x 1
  3. Are you talking about pipe screens? I cleaned them for years but found a jillion of them for cheap and got a lifetime supply. I've still got plenty and no longer use a pipe.

• Like Like x 1
  4. [​IMG]
    A screen basket is a device used to retain or remove suspended or floating solids in flow stream to protect pumps, valves etc. from damage or clogging.

A screen basket is a device with openings (6 – 150 mm), generally of uniform size, used to retain or remove suspended or floating solids in flow stream. The screen basket prevents the solids from passing a given point in a conduit to protect pumps, valves etc. from damage or clogging. The screening element may consist of parallel bars, rods, wires, grating, wire mesh, or perforated plate.

In a standard pumping station installation the screen basket is placed directly by the inlet, enabling easy emptying and cleaning. In Southern Europe the screen basket is typically placed in pumping stations...lol

5. Yes. I've a jasper stone pipe. The screens drop and fit into the thing. I don't want to be cheap, or get sick. So is it worth it ya think?

images.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 1

6. Dude just buy some more on eBay.. they cost like £2 for 100 or some shit lol

It'll cost you more in iso/salt then it would to buy new ones

7. That's like the screens that came with my vape. What have you tried cleaning it with that didn't work? It is a fancy screen for sure but I doubt it works any better than the regular screens. I see you can buy new ones for about $4. You could clean it pretty well with alcohol and a toothbrush, after it gets too gunked up for that to work pop it in the oven and set it on self clean and your screen will come out looking like new with no effort on your end. How could it make you sick? Are you talking about inhaling burning cleaning chemicals or burning metal?