How to clean bong with an ice notch?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by andyGILL, Mar 29, 2009.

1. #1 andyGILL, Mar 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2009
    Here's my bong, this is the coolest photo I have that shows it with ice in it after being freshly cleaned. If you look hard you can see that after the ice notch the lower you go the more yellow the glass looks.
    [​IMG]

Here's another good one, you can see some yellow too. Also freshly cleaned and iced out.
    [​IMG]

So I clean the beast every 1-3 days, the only times it has gone more than 1 day between cleanings is when I've been too low on cash to get more ISO or when I was busy with exams (but I'm done school now).

My cleaning method:
    Hot water rinse (or soak if it's real dirty) to get any loose resin
    Small amount of iso and shake to get any semi-loose resin
    Good amount of iso and some table salt and vigorously shake for 5-15min
    Scrub down to ice noth with bong scrubber
    Hot water rinse

Over the past 2 months I've noticed a build up of hardwater stains, it started when I used the bong without cleaning for a week. I've tried my best to get it out but I can't. Like once I cut up a pipe cleaner into like 20 small chunks and tossed them in after the hot water&ISO wash and shook it around and it made no difference.

Any ideas for removing the hardwater stains? I know that the stains are removable after I do the hot water&ISO wash because I've tried using a bent up q-tip and it removes the stains around the joint very easily.

2. We use vinegar to take the hard water stains off of dishes so that should work just as well for you.

3. I had a perced tube

I washed it after every sesh with lots of alcohol and salt. You just have to clean it more often

4. fuck ISO. Oxy Clean Free, all day. no resin, no hard-water stains.

5. or u can buy grunge off, its reusable just strain out any resin. and im sure uve probably heard about the wonders of grunge off so i wont mention it

6. Grab some Orange Chronic and shake it up in your bong. It will sparkle