how to clean a tumble trimmer?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by orca, Feb 1, 2010.

1. I bought a trimmer a few months ago and really like it, nice and easy way to trim. It has been carefully taken care of.

got it out of the box, and it will not trim, just rolls herb around. the grate is gunky, how do clean it? I put a new wire in and am considering fitting a blade.

All advice appreciated,, miss my tool.

2. rinse the screen out with iso alcohol? Qwiso + clean all in one!

3. found out from manufacturer to use veggie oil, soak for thirty mins and wipe clean

my machine is not working because the crank bolt wore down,, so its not engaging,its like anew machine, so amsterdam and I are talking,,, it really is great for trimming

4. neat, then you have oil for brownies!

sucks about the crank bolt wearing down

5. yeah it a bummer about the bolt,,, but serge and i will work it out, he is really helpful,
    i am not mechanical and may have to sell this one for a huge loss,,,,,, the bolt repair may be beyond me,,, but i iwll buy another one right away,, they work wonders.

6. :smoking::smoking:did you end up getting a replacement?
    i just bought one of these tumble trimmers, seems great and my harvest is this sat so we will see i guess, how many spins do you give it, i heard around 15 or so, dont want to over do it?
    do you spin it both ways or only clockwise?
    hyped up about trying this thing out, i am just pumped it came befiore my harvest, would of sucked to wait lol

7. yes I bought a new one, not a chineese knock off, works like a dream.
    turn the handle slowly, about 10-12 turns, clean with veggie oil after every use, top and bottom.
    make sure no small stems left to catch.
    just took 1 lb off with the trimmer.:wave:

8. ya, a lb, nice, that why i got one, dont need to take days of my life clipping, it is fun for 1 plant then it becomes a "when will this be over" kinda thing and trimming gets sloppier the longer it takes imo

do you have a blade on your machine or wires? just curious as mine can use either but only came with a blade, i would assume the blade is better than wires but hey who knows:smoking:

thanks again for the info buddy:hippie:

9. the new one has the blade, works much better, clean with veggie oil
    bougth from serge at flower trimmer

10. :smoke::smoke:this thing is fricking great, did a good job, was very suprised and clean up was easy, man im glad i got one :smoke::smoke:

:bolt: