How to clean a pipe with household items?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Young Green, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Okay besides salt what else do I need? been googling so don't tell me to google. i dont have that iso alcohol or any alcohol, what do i do?

2. #2 WickaTricka, Jun 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2010
    Bing it :p

Nah Just use a paper clip and roll all the resin into a ball and smoke it on some weed.

3. Nah i wanna be able to get rid of it in less than an Hour
    Plus there would be barely any resin,its a small pipe i have had for like a month.

4. Boil it.

5. ....I don't want my dad's house to smell like resin smoke...

6. boil it outside?
    febreeze it if boiling inside?

7. Trip to the local grocery store.

8. just spent my last 10 bucks on weed and I dont have a car right now.
    Can someone just give me a fucking substitute for rubbing alcohol?shit

9. hmm simple green? that wuld be the best runner up, try vinegar with the salt ive used it a few times works ok, i really use it 2 lower hardness of water tho, check if u have clr calcium like and rust works excellent

10. simple green. vinegar. or if you have like actual high proof drinking alcohol. ummm, hydrogen peroxide. use your finger or a Qtip. i do it all the time when i dont have iso alc. oh and if you have purell...iso alc is the only ingredient other than the scent so i use that as well. hope this helps.

11. I did that simple green and it cleaned it kinda but it reeks of that awful shit wtf?

12. put it in a dish and let hot water from the faucet run on it till its clear water move it around with a fork till the smell is gone shuldnt take long

13. bound to happen. it wouldve been the same thing if you did it right and used the iso alc. shit reeks. nothing will work as good as iso. now just clean it thoroughly with soap or something. or boil it in water real quick.

14. Bleach is supposed to work pretty nicely . . .

You said it's a small pipe... try hot water and q-tips?

15. i tend to avoid extreme household cleaning products. just in case you know. but if we dont mind dealing with the dangerous id recommend bleach, ammonia, or windshield washer fluid and use qtips. be safe. maybe after that id boil it. bleach and ammonia will work but are just plain stupid and dangerous. and windshield washer fluid will prolly work too cause it cuts grime and bugs and tar off of your winshield...buuuut, it causes blindness when drank. so think about all these if you missed a spot and accidentally smoked it.

16. Alright I spent a good 15minutes with like hot water and a paper clip and got the outside perfectly clean! What the fuck about the inside lol. its like half clean on the inside...is this where the Alcohol helps..

17. yea thats where alcohol and salt help, u put it in a zip lock baggie, shake it around the alcohol basically "melts" resin and tar while the salt helps by scrubbing it on the inside and nooks and crannies which im sure u have heard plenty of times, i just cleaned all my glass yesterday

18. Get rubbing alcohol or even drinking alcohol is that's all you have.

There really is no way around it.