Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

how to clean a grinder?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by bboy, Jul 24, 2009.

1. my grinder is pretty green in the inside .... how can i clean it the best&fastest way?

2. Alcohol you can use rubbing alcohol just put it in a jar swirl it around, evap alcohol, scrape up hash, smoke! make sure its the highest % you can get like 91, 95, or 99.

3. #3 akaHeehaw, Jul 24, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2009
    Make a simple solution of 91% Rubbing Alcohol (Isopropyl) and Table Salt. Put your grinder (disassembled) in a plastic bag, pour the solution around it, shake it vigorously for one minute or so until cleaned. You can also let it sit and let the solution loosen up the sticky tar that's stuck to the grinder, then shake again.

The salt (or rice can be used) acts as an Abrasive and the Alcohol cleans away. Be sure your Isopropyl is 91% or higher. Anything lower can still be used but the water content softens up the salt (or it'll completely dissolve it) and it doesn't work as effectively but good results can still be achieved if that's all you have.

Can be used on Glass, Acrylic, Stainless, and Cermaic

Works perfectly everytime. Just be sure to flush with water before use.

Or you can buy 420 cleaner.

4. i just want my grinder cleaned cuz it doesnt runs "smooth" and ill get a OZ soon so its cool to have a fresh cleaned grinder^^

5. 1. Put it in some container with a lid.

2. Cover it in rubbing alcohol. The higher percentage, the better (usually you see 70%, 75%, 81%, 90%, or 91%).

3. Shake.

4. Remove your clean grinder and rinse it well with tap water.

5a. Pour the used alcohol down the drain and enjoy your clean grinder.

- OR -

5b. Pour the used alcohol through a coffee filter held over a dinner plate. The coffee filter will get out any solids/contaminants, and the liquid will go through the filter to the plate.

6. Leave the plate out until all the liquid evaporates; a fan will speed this process.

7. Take a razor blade and scrape the dinner plate. See that yummy looking pile you just scraped up? Sprinkle it right on top of your next bowl :hello:

You won't get a whole lot of hash from just a grinder, but I got enough out of my grinder recently to give a bowl a very, very nice coating.

I highly recommend trying it. The worst that will happen is you wasted ten minutes of your time, but I'll bet that you're pleasantly surprised instead. Especially if that grinder has a screen!

6. #6 Flo, Jul 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2009
    Q tips and rubbing alcohol. Viel Glück!! :hello:

7. Quick question can i use this method on my acrylic grinder ?

8. #8 Fëanor, Jul 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2009
    I have never actually cleaned a grinder, no matter how many years I have it for until I lose it.

Every once in a while I use a plastic straw to scrape all the green from the inside, then I smoke it. It never comes perfectly clean, but it doesn't need to be spotless.

Also sometimes I have to use a really sharp knife tip to clean out the threads on my grinders, otherwise they bind up and can be a PITA to unscrew.

9. Yes, perfectly safe for glass, acrylic, stainless, and ceramic.

Edit: Just remember guys you're working with alcohol - stay away from flames, and flush the pieces well with water before you use them and put a flame to it.

10. i think burning it a bit with a flame after cleaning is good to burn the last alcohol :)

11. oh my god

some of the stuff you people put up isn't that smart....

you might find kif lying under the screen,so get some to hit the side of the grinder and knock the kif out on to a the saucer.then smoke a bong load and get FUCKED UP :bongin::bongin::smoking:

12. I just meant to make sure you don't leave alcohol sitting in there like bong water. Kaboom. :p

13. #13 akaHeehaw, Jul 24, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2009
    Please share what isn't smart...

Edit: and what the hell are you talking about? No one's discussing kief... Obviously if you have a pollen collector on your grinder then you want to empty the kief before you clean it?..

I think someone's been smoking the cheeba :p

14. ..........yes:p