How to chop (chop and screwed music)

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Plex1, May 8, 2007.

1. Does anyone here know how to chop a song? i mean i can screw EASY as hell but chopping is hard lol....any tips would be apreciated....im using virtual dj trial and got 20 days left...if i figure out how to do this i might get the full version...thanks all

2. Just lower the treble, bass and tempo and it should work.

3. I dont think thats chopping???

4. Thas not chopping...

Screwin is slowin it down and in VDJ its simple as can be. Jus lowerin the pitch.

Choppin ya gotta have to tracks playing simantanously with one slightly ahead of the other. Then use the cross fader to 'chop' it back and forth.

Takes alot of work to get it good. It took me months jus to learn what i wrote, Did everything on my own didnt know anybody. Ive been at it for awhile now and im no where near where i wanna be.

Heres some of my C & S'ed songs.

www.myspace.com/djdrunkagain

5. holla at ksr he'll let you know whats up.

EDIT: see!

6. yyeahh screwing is simple as fuck but i cant get chopping for shit how can i get it so one table is slightly ahead of the other? And then what do i do to literaly chop it? Just throw it back and forth really fast or what??sorry if im so stupid

7. Haha, you beat me to it bro. I was gonn straight advertise your shit right there :rolleyes:

8. Its not something i can jus tell you and you'll be able to do it right, It takes hours and hours of fuckin around with it to figure it out and create your own style of how you slow n throw music.

But to get one slightly ahead of the other you obviouslly got to have one of the records slightly ahead of the other. Cross fader you use to chop it between songs. You can do it many different ways so its jus something you gotta learn on your own. I do all kinds of chops so its not easy to explain.

Jus fuck around with it for awhile and you'll figure it out. When i first got into my chops were so sloppy that i had like have a whole verse, then chop it back and itd be the whole verse over.

(And thanks errone for sayin holla at me. :cool:)

9. I love chopped n screwed music, i have over 40 original DJ screw tapes on my computer. I didn't think people that weren't from Texas(a few exceptions, like KSR :p) like chopped n screwed music, but that's good to hear.

10. Where you get 40 some Screw tapes? Holla at me homie. If its torrent or downloading or anything against the rules of GC, Then PM me.

11. I remixed a remix and it was back to normal.
    -Mitch Hedberg

12. haha i love it dude, it so great when your on dxm and high cause its so fucking slow

btw ppl im workin on a song when i get it ill let you all see it and tell me how it is for m first real c & s..

13. thas some dope shit man...hope you do well wit that shit you got some good shit on the real

14. Thanks alot homie, I appreciate it.

You kick ass homie hahha. Thanks alot on the hookup on that, +++++Rep.

15. Damn dawg, You jus like made my year i swear.

Id give ya like 50 bucks if you was here. I downloaded the first one, Its off the fuckin hook hearin the real ol screw tapes. Fuckin bad ass homie.

I feel like gizzin in my pants fer reals. This is like out of the world bad ass for me.

16. here yall go...dont whore me to bad now haha

link up soon (EDIT)

17. come on now no replies?

18. You need to work on them chops homie.

19. haha ok ill try again and put it up and tell me how i do, i just gotta know the song better