How to assertain quality.

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by BLARGAG!!!, Dec 15, 2009.

1. Hey all,

Long time lurker, first time poster here. I was wondering, how does one go about ascertaining the quality of the percs and such in a bong while you are looking at it in the shop?

I have my eye on this (at least seemingly) really nice tube with 2 corkscrew diffused percs in it. I want to know how to tell if its worth the money for this piece. I want to get a perced piece, but quality is FAR more important to me than getting this specific bong.

Please help an un-educated tube buyer!

thanks in advance!

2. well if the guys behind the counter know where it came from or the blowers or anything that's definitely a good sign.

3. Well, the name on it is "Biohazard"

Ive seen this brand name floating around, but havent herd anything about it.

As far as the shop, its called Mile High Pipe and Tobacco. They are in Boulder CO (fave town in the country as of now), and are pretty reputable. They deal mostly in Hvy glass, so I think that this is a good sign, as Hvy glass seems to be a pretty respected name 'round these parts.

4. I am already 99% sure its china garbage because of the 2 corkscrew diffused percs.

Stay away from dome percs(in most cases) and any corkscrew,420,etc perc.

Look for a tree perc that are reinforced and have open ends or a circ. Also stay away from 3+ percs really IMO 2 tree percs are overkill in most tubes and just add drag.

Under $250 try to find a Medicali
    $250-350 RooR(if you can find one) or Lux
    $325-500 Toro Stemless disc, Wicked Sands, Some SG's, Itza Fixed Stem
    $500+ Toro, SG, Itza, Hops, Luke Wilson,

I'm sure I left some out but that is a good start.

5. Ask to put water in it and see how it works out. Recently a couple of my friends got bongs with perc's and didnt test them out.. soo much drag on em, its kinda frustrating hitting it after a while.. and one of those bongs IS a Biohazard. My friend's biohazard is a beaker bottom, about 18in and has a perc, when you clear it, it has soo much drag.