How to approach a random girl without it being awkward?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by Toastin', Mar 29, 2012.

1. I'm in the same situation with a girl I keep seeing in my Technical center at a child development class. Short, pretty, innocent looking little doe-eyed thing with a perfect cute perky butt. We both came out of the bathroom once, and we look at eachother and smile. I look over my shoulder to catch another peek, and see her doing the same thing before I quickly jerk my head round to the direction I was walking, which doubled the awkwardness of the situation.

Though I look at her time to time when shes walking through the hallways, it seems like she tries to avoid looking at me. But when my friends are with me who've also noticed her look at me. Mostly without me noticing. They tell me "hey mueller theirs your girl looking at you again" Whenever shes around and I have company with me in school. Almost like she enjoys looking at me, but doesn't want to approach me. Though I feel like if I were to come up to her, smile and introduce myself she would either melt on the spot or likely to be to shy to carry on conversation and get choked up. Which would forever make things awkward. I wish I knew how to approach girls like these.

2. vomit in my mouth...

blarrchch.

3. dude, when girls are like that it makes it easier for you. its like being a celebrity, you can just be a nice guy.

but the first conversation should be short and led by you, i imagine. you essentially take the reigns, which makes it less stressful for her and a little more predictable for you. make it short, perhaps not more than a minute or two, and then carry on your way. no chance for awkward silence, you maintain your mystique, and she has time to come down from her potential excitement and be a better conversationalist

4. Yea i would like to do that, but I have the same problem as OP. I don't even know what to say. We don't know each other at all, I don't even know her name. But from the moment I looked at her and noticed how beautiful she was. The more and more I keep seeing her! Like seriously we're in two seperate classes from two entirely seperate wings of the building. What would I say to her, just stop her mid-transit walking around and hope she stops and listens to whatever bullshit conversation i make. I just need to know what to say.

Its so strange though when you notice her, and fall in love immediately with that face feeling like there could be so much to discover. Even though you know absolutely 0 about her.

5. Exactly!!!!

Its a weird feeling man

6. I have this problem too, except I don't get looks. Probably my body language.

7. Every girl is different man, you can talk to 100 different girls with the same line and get a 100 different reactions. In the end it just comes down to just having the balls to say hello despite the potential awkwardness.

What's worse, having your ego take a small hit if she refuses or be left guessing what could have been?

Best to just not think and go for it, and if it doesn't work just shrug it off. They're so many other pretty girls out there! :D

gl

8. Believe me my body language sucks as well. Im not gonna lie I have a mean face on when I walk around but I was shocked she gave me such a fat smile so I just smiled back haha

9. Thanks for the motivation homie!

10. i can approach a girl OP but i totally suck at reading them.... friendliness is constantly mixed up with flirting in my mind so half the time i think shit is going great when it really isnt. nothing like hitting on a girl for awhile and then thinking shit is gonna go really well :ey::ey: and then the bomb drops: "OH you like me?" /facepalm

11. [quote name='"Zoopa"']i can approach a girl OP but i totally suck at reading them.... friendliness is constantly mixed up with flirting in my mind so half the time i think shit is going great when it really isnt. nothing like hitting on a girl for awhile and then thinking shit is gonna go really well :ey::ey: and then the bomb drops: "OH you like me?" /facepalm[/quote]

At least you tried haha

12. [quote name='"WestCoast510"']

Hmm I see what your saying.

Any GC girls out their that can give me some advice?[/quote]

Do something different and think outta the box :0) make sure to look her in the eye too, it let's me know your serious :0)

13. One thing I DESPISE is small-talk, but small-talk is the way to go in these types of situations. You were already in a GREAT situation to get it started. #1, you're at school and #2 she was in the library. If this happens again, be more aware of your surroundings and muster up enough courage to get near her but not approaching her. Approaching her like "Hey pretty girl! You have nice eyes!" isn't the way to go. That's too strong. Simply understand why she's there and focus more on that. Ask her how her day is. Ask her what brings her here and what interest her the most in class's. Have a book in your hand or be occupied with something just in case she asks you some questions as well.

It'll take off from there.