Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How To Approach A Grower?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by SmokeOutAz, May 4, 2014.

1. I was at my grandparents house and I noticed the new neighbor had put up a big greenhouse style tent. A couple months later I looked in again and saw a couple plants that were at least 6 feet tall. I want to try and talk to him so that I won't have to go through a middle man, but I have no idea how to approach him about it. Any help is appreciated

2. Leave the man be

3. Feel him out and act accordingly.

Making many assumptions I'd say, be neighborly to the guy. If you see him doing something labor intensive or could just use an extra set of hands offer your help. Connect with him a few times, then offer to smoke a bowl/blunt/whatever your style of smoking is that you just so happen to have on you. I don't know your region or it's view on pot but here in WA I've never had things go south from offering to smoke out a new neighbor. If he says no, apologize for asking and carry on. Ease into the "yo I see you have a bunch if plants growing" line in whatever way seems fitting. As early in the season as it is, there is no major rush to get it all out in the open anyway

4. Smoking weed around someone that smokes weed is always going to start a conversation, just dont say anything about him growing. Once youre talking you can talk about how much it costs to buy weed and how shit some of the bud is that you get. He may then say he can get you some. He may not want you to know he grows so do not bring it up. 

I grow and if someone told me they knew what I was doing it would make me very uncomfortable. This is my advice.

5. We around here you better bring bacon cheese burgers to ward off the pit bulls to even get in the gate.

6. Be like "I KNOW YOU GROW WEED MOTHAFUCKA YOU BETTER SELL ME SOME OR I'M SNITCHING!"

Some of us are legal. :D

8. i like you op, youre a good guy. tell him that you saw his grow, and that he should be more discreet about it. then tell him you decided to be the bigger man and instead of ripping his crop, you want to buy some after the harvest. if he declines, which he wont, rip his crop for being a selfish dumbass. 

9. You don't. When you see him try and allude to the fact that you smoke. He's a grower so you should be able to do that in a fairly discreet way if you have to. If he wants to share and sell to you after you go through that, you're a lucky guy. If he doesn't, fuck off and let him be.

10. #10 wafdof, May 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2014
    As one of the other posters to this thread said, some of us grow legally.  Threatening someone could lead to some nasty consequences.   I seriously don't get that mentality.  

It is legal for me to grow, it is legal for me to share with other medical users, but illegal for me to sell, this man could very well be in the same boat.  A bigger man would leave this guy alone and not worry about saving $10 by "Cutting out the middle man".   IF I were to sell it would not be at a discount.  I grow good shit and it goes for a premium.  Most individuals are the same way, expensive seeds, not bag seeds and a lot of time and effort.  I grow enough for my wife and I and I am not about to sell any of it for any price, if you where a friend I would share some happily like I would a home made apple pie.  Selling is not worth the trouble for me.  I am legal and wish to keep my license. Also, If Someone threatens me and they will be talking to the law and having their OWN problems.  That is the BEST you could hope to come from threatening someone, you might be dealing with a nut job that has a gun.  It is not worth it.

These are the issues that is keeping Marijuana, for what ever use, from being widely accepted and legal.  You see a grow and then you feel entitled to some (even if to purchase) when possibly none is for sale.  Are we really telling fellow users to snitch on people and rip them off because you don't get your way????  Maybe the crop is worth $1,000 and the owner has a $800 car, would you tell him to steal that instead?  Stealing is stealing even if you take it and throw it away.

Nobody sells to individuals from their grow site unless they are idiots.  End of story.  Leave the guy alone.

11. i said that assuming the grow is illegal. if the guy is in fact growing legally, which mind you is the less likely scenario, then id change my position. i didnt suggest ripping the entire crop either. picture the situation, op chooses not only to cover this guys ass for his misplaced grow, he also chooses to offer advice to him and money for something he knows he could simply take. knowing this man is both honest and generous, if the grower says "no you cant have or buy any, go away", i see no problem taking from someone so ignorant and selfish.

12. #12 wafdof, May 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2014
    I will stick to my guns and say:

Nobody sells to individuals from their grow site unless they are idiots.  End of story.  Leave the guy alone.
    WHAT PART OF THAT DO YOU NOT GET????  I won't deal with idiots, that is how you end up in jail.  If they are that stupid, they could already be watched by the 5-0.

"i see no problem taking from someone so ignorant and selfish."  I see no problem sending someone to the hospital that thinks this way.

Legal grow or not, stealing is wrong.  Seriously, taking SOMETHING THAT IS NOT YOURS, be it one leaf or all his plants is stealing.  There is no amount that is "ok".  You mean to tell us that you have set a price if he disagrees and in the same breath you also claim the scheme (AKA BLACKMAIL) you are proposing is GENEROUS AND HONEST???   Please elaborate on how stealing even one plant is both generous and honest, maybe clarify about the blackmail part too    You really think he would have to send out the "Forensics file" detectives to figure out who stole from him???   You really think you are smarter than everyone else?  My son thinks the very same way and every one else knows that he is a liar and an idiot.

I'm just going to have to "pinch you off" and go somewhere else.  I have already wasted too much effort trying to 'splain how stealing is wrong and to a low life thief there is no getting through to them.   Somehow somewhere you will justify how it is ok to yourself and the rest of us will know who the ignorant person is. You keep twisting your words and making the story up as it goes yet I will stick to the same line.  Legal grow or not, right or wrong none of this is 1/2 as complicated as you are making it out to be.  Blackmail, coercion and stealing is wrong no matter how you try to justify it in your head.  It really is black and white and simple as pie.

LEAVE THE GUY ALONE.

PS.  

" i didnt suggest ripping the entire crop either"

"rip his crop for being a selfish dumbass. "  You did say rip his crop not take a couple plants or one plant, you said crop.  What is so hard to understand there?  What does crop mean to you?  If it is anything other than someone's entire grow then you would be wrong.  Go back to school.

LIE NUMERO UNO

"i said that assuming the grow is illegal."

"i like you op, youre a good guy. tell him that you saw his grow, and that he should be more discreet about it. then tell him you decided to be the bigger man and instead of ripping his crop, you want to buy some after the harvest. if he declines, which he wont, rip his crop for being a selfish dumbass. "

Nowhere does it say illegal or legal crop.  NOWHERE.  Reading and comprehension were never my strong points but I know what I see here and  you say nothing about illegal activity by the grower.  Hidden from sight does't mean squat.  Here we HAVE to have our plants hidden or stand to lose our license.

Lie Numero DOS

13. an adjustment ill make is that in my first response i suggest to rip the guys crop. that was a mistake, i wouldnt do that myself, rather i would understand that decision. in this case, where the grower meets kindness with the opposite, stealing is still wrong.

14. Thanks for all the responses guys. I saw him out in the backyard today and talked to him for the first time. He's actually a really cool guy. Looks like your typical hippie haha. But I didn't mention anything about weed or his grow at all. I thought it would be stupid to ask him about it the first time I've ever talked to him. And I have no intentions of doing anything to the crop if he were to say I'm not aloud to buy from him hahaha.

15. If I where you I'd say "Neighbor to neighbor......... I know you're selling some dank and I need that connect" also he's growing 6!!!! Plants I'm sure he can sell a little to you

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

16. Sorry not 6 plants, 6ft tall, but still you saw a couple

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

17. Don't threaten him with ripping his crop, that'd just piss him off immensely; I grow and if someone said that to me id tell them to gtfo before we have a serious problem. Best thing to do is not mention the plants and just try to get to know him personally, no one wants to sell to someone they don't know, especially directly from their home.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk

18. Like many ppl said leave the man alone & let the man grow his meds.. If some stranger came to my place asking bout my greenhouse and trees I'd be sketchy as fuck