Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to accurately dose edibles?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by kitkatkate1013, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Ok so I've run into a bit of a conundrum if anyone can help me out.. I have an oz of weed that's 25% thc (lab tested) and I'm making 4 cups of cannabutter (via magical butter machine). I've used online calculators and most of them say it would be 1,750 mg per cup (28g x 1,000 mg = 28,000 mg. 28,000 mg x 25% = 7,000 mg. 7,000 mg / 4 cups of butter = 1,750 mg per cup.) But on a few other calculations, like jeffthe420chefcalculator, with the same information it's saying it would be equal to 2,572 mg in 4 cups TOTAL?! Obviously that's a major discrepancy of 7,000 vs 2,572 in 4 cups and I don't know which one is actually even close to accurate. Wtf? Can anyone help me out with this? Thanks :)

• Like Like x 2
  2. You have 7000 mg potential THC in your ounce at 25%. That assumes 100 % extraction and a proper decarb and your THC will be less if you strain.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Doesn't matter how you work the math it should come out the same assuming this is NOT universe 212..
    1 gram = 1000mg
    25% = 250mg of possible THC per gram of weed used.
    Times the number of grams. 250X28=7,000

BNW

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I figured this was the correct formula.. seems like common sense but many of the commonly used calcs came back with 2,572...no idea what math they were using LOL. Thank you!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Now understand that edible tolerance varies widely between individuals. For example my wife is ripped on about 2mg of edible. I need more like 200mg for the same good ride. Usually if I'm doing an edible party I put a sign on each infused item next to a plate of the same item in Safe mode and put signs on everything.
    Keep doses low as it can add up and whack even the most experienced of us.
    Cookies = 2mg
    Brownies = 3mg
    Hot dog = 0
    Mustard = 1mg per squirt
    Ketchup = 1mg
    Mayo = 2mg

Make everything Coconut oil based as it hits in half the time butter does so the party gets rocking in 45 minutes not the 2 hours butter takes to kick in.

I helped man a booth at a cannabis show a few years ago and we spent quite a bit of time experimenting with infusing various food we could sell. Damn some real "I'm way to high to be driving" moments after an afternoon of sampling infused foods.
    WHEW.....

BNW.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Thank you!! I will definitely look into doing oil instead of butter..