How time works

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by Miklelottesen, Aug 9, 2008.

1. Hi

I'm new to these forums, but I'll start right of with a theory of mine, and read what you guys think about it.

It's about time. How to travel in time, to explain it better. The speed of an electron circling around an atom's core equals the speed of time. The electrons moves in the speed of light, so light equals time. That's why you have to move faster than light, because you move faster than the electrons, and you will observe the electrons evolving slover than yourself, which slows time around you down, and eventually you'll move so fast, that the electrons will turn the other way, in your observation, and then time will go backwards around you. You'll then have moved back in time.

The electrons rotation speed, however, is not always the same as the speed of light because of temperature. Temperature can speed up and slow down the electrons, by raising or lowering the temperature. However, in the only conditions humans can survive in, is between 35 and 40 degrees, celcius, which is at some point only a little higher or lower than the speed of light, which does so we live in a constant speed. You might argue and say that "when you're bored, time passes slower", but that's another mechanism; that's the brain, having nothing to occupy itself with, that percepts more miliseconds per seconds than the occupied/non-bored brain. The only way to travel BACK in time is to get frozen down to the absolute minimum temperature there is, which is -273,16 degrees, celsius or 0 degrees, kelvin, and that's a temperature where the electrons no longer moves. By that, the rest of the world will evolve faster than you and you will be in the future when unfrozen, and you won't have evolved a bit.
    So time = temperature*the speed of light...

Does this make any sense?

2. Hello :wave:

Welcome to the forums, by the way.

How can time have a velocity? A velocity is defined by time.

Secondly, the velocity of an orbiting electron varies greatly, and is dependent upon the weak and strong nuclear forces.

You can learn more about the velocity of an electron here.

Actually, electrons can never achieve c, they can just come exceedingly close.

Yes, but to approach c, you have to have to have almost infinite energy, which is far beyond anything humans can even conceptualize.

Again, sorry, but electrons really have not much to do with c.

Electrons... evolving? I'm lost now.

I'm sorry, but I can't even follow your causation here.

Well yes, and they are limited by the fact that they have mass and that c is a constant in all inertial frames.

Yes, you're correct, but there is a upper and lower limit to that. Not to mention there are many other factors to take into account, such as charge, nucleic mass, radius, energy, etc.

Well, humans can survive extreme heat above 40 centigrade for short durations, but I get what you're saying.

Um, you're comparing temperature to the speed of light? You've lost me.

Well, humans are notoriously bad time-keepers. Radioactive decay helps us to determine time much more accurately.

Any evidence of that? I mean there is something to be said about subjective experience of time, but that doesn't seem like what you're talking about.

How would that make you go BACKWARDS in time?

All absolute zero means is that the individual particles posses no kinetic energy.

I think you're using the word "evolve" inappropriately.

That's calling moving FORWARD in time (not backwards, like you JUST claimed), and has little to do with anything but suspended animation and limiting the functionality of your metabolism.

Currently cryogenic resuscitation is purely theoretical and there are not existent technologies that will repair that type of cellular damage.

To be honest... not really.

I mean, I am very glad you have a keen interest in the world around you, but I think you have more learning to do (who doesn't?). You should go do some more research and education on physics and biology and come back to it.

I can recommend some great books on the subjects, that may help you in your endeavors.

3. Thanks for your reply. I clearly don't know as much about science as you do, but I just wanted to test if the theory is plausible. And I did mean "the only way to travel FORWARDS in time" instead of "BACK" - that's a typo due to the fact that I was a little high, when I wrote it (I have thought about this theory while I wasn't high). And "evolve" is probably the wrong word, but my English could me better (I'm from Denmark) - I apologize for that.

Basically it seems I'm wrong about the "mechanics" of time, but I do seem to have got some understanding about how to travel in time..?