Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How The Hell Do You Roll Joints With Roaches In Them?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by gymtoker, Apr 30, 2014.

1. i learned how to roll 70s style, grab a zig zag, fold, pack weed, squeeze and roll, light and smoke. 

whenever i see a picture of a "joint" it is always this tapering sort of cone with a thing in one end. I was like, what the fuck? so I looked up a how to roll video, watched it a bunch of times, and i still cant figure out how rolling with a roach makes it easier and "guides the roll"

i sat down for almost a half hour trying to get it right, but i cant grasp how you're supposed to use the roach in the rolling process, and how to get the paper tucked over the weed. i finally came out with something. very loose and burned fast, but i liked how it hit better, and how you can smoke all the weed without having to put the last of the joint on a hemostat clip like i usually do and almost burning my lips, lol

this is frustrating, i know how to roll but i cant roll the way i wanna roll. any tips?

are you talking about a filter?

just keep rolling, you will naturally get better at it with practice

i've heard it called a filter and a roach. i rolled up a match cover, cut it, and used that, 

oh I call that a crutch, different slang in different areas i guess... thats just gonna give you a better mouth piece on the joint and let you smoke all of it without burning

5. its a roach fuck the yanks

sent from under mi sensi tree

6. A filter is a piece of paper that goes at the end of a cigarette, joint, or some cigars.

A roach is the remnants of what used to be a joint.

I jus use an old school roller. I can roll like 6 js in 2 minutes with a roller and they are uniform and perfect.

I put them in a cigarette case and smoke spliffs everywhere and since i have the rolled up piece of paper at the end and its mixed with cigar tobacco, people think im smokin cigs.

7. keep working on it man. the key is not to let go of the filter as you're rolling, the rest of the job should be the same for ya. I hold it between my thumb and middle finger and keep those fuckers on there til I feel it's ready to be rolled up, then I slowly roll the filter "up" with my middle finger and "down" with my thumb so it can get tucked right in. kinda hard to explain but just practice, dude, you'll get it. no rocket science  :smoking:

8. you could try rolling your joint the way you always have, and then sliiiide in that crutch, roach, filter, tip, etc. in through the mouth end of the joint...i seem to remember the youtuber urban remo rolls his fat joints like that...rolls fiirst and then inserts the __________ afterwards, check his videos out, probably a "supercharged joint" videos will show his rolling style. best of luck!

9. Remember when Walter White tried rolling a joint in Breaking Bad? Practice makes perfect, yo.

10. joints are better with out crutches imo

11. Joint rolling is something that is learned over time with tons of practice. Roll more, smoke more, and you'll eventually be rolling some perfect doobies. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Grassci

12. It guides the tucking of the paper so it's easier to do that for beginners. It's better to use a tip/filter/crutch IMO so that when you get to the bottom less is wasted

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. crutches/filters/roaches whatever always make my joints totally cylindrical and perfect like a real cigarette. Also, I don't have to waste my time with burnt finger tips or carrying an annoying roach clip

14. I saw Whiz Kalifa roll a filter on YouTube and I've done it that way ever since. HT had a link to it on their site. I use the front covers of zigzag papers and cut them about a 1/4 in wide and fold them into a "W" shape then roll the excess around the "W".

If you did it right when you look through the tube you should see a W in it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Yeah, I saw that video too. Something presumptuous about watching a spoiled "rapper" rolling bomb jays in a hot tub, but what do you expect. And yes, the "W" or "M" shape it ideal for both perfect airflow and not getting scraps in your mouth