How the fuck is this place still open??

Discussion in 'General' started by Spark It29, Oct 25, 2012.

1. After watching last night's episode of South Park with Blockbuster, I remembered the video store that's by me and its still open! All the HollyWood Videos and Blockbusters have all been closed, yet this place is still open. Its crazy too, because its all the way in the back on a strip mall with just Arabic stores and maybe a Dentist. Its gotta have almost no customers. What's also weird, is that this video store sucked dick compared to Hollywood Video. You could only rent videos for 2 days, and the selection wasn't that great. I remember going into the place as a kid, and haven't been in there for at least 8 years. I really wanna get a couple of my friends and actually go in there....

2. Why do you need a couple of friends lol like women when they go to the toilet bro

3. That would be a slick way to sling drugs. "Enjoy your movie sir." *clicks closed movie case while winking*

4. yea dude, just go if you want!

i'm not a movie guy, but i do think it kinda sucks that most rental stores have had to close. i can only imagine that small CD shops are hurting pretty badly as well... i used to buy/order all my CDs from a really cool local shop, but i moved and changed my hours at work, so i never get out there anymore.

5. Wow, I haven't seen one in about two years, since they really started dropping like flies in my neck of the woods... in a matter of six months, five or six rental stores in the surrounding towns just vanished.

They must be selling dope, 'out the back :p

6. just show the guy at the counter you ass like dave chappelle in "half baked"

"HEY, Black ass!!! HAhahaa! Why you didn't moon us earlier hey?"

7. hahaha i dont know. A couple of my friends also think they have to be selling drugs. I don't want to go in there alone with the intention of not renting anything. Lol the place is actually creepy. You can see from the street that it still has the plain ass look its had for years now. Its creepy going in there

8. go in and just rent every possible stoner movie

9. Hahah thought this thread was going to be about Radio Shack...is that still a thing?

10. I miss renting movies

11. Maybe they dont actually sell movies and its a cover up store. I knew a "sports store" that sold knockoff sports gear for a bit cheaper than legit stuff and also did tattoos in the back, and sold fake I.D's. Right downtown in the middle of everythang. Kids walking in with familes didnt know lol

12. It's gotta be a front for something, video rental stores can't possibly stay open in this economy with all the free downloading we can do, and netflix....

Just go in there and be like, "do you guys offer any other type of, um, 'services'?"

13. Yesss

14. Can any ody explain to me why all your rental places closex? (not from the us)

15. [quote name='"MCMHH"']Can any ody explain to me why all your rental places closex? (not from the us)[/quote]

Netflix, red box, TPB, on demand...

16. ya ill stick to blockbuster...
    luckily i have one like 5 minutes away.

17. Theres by me thats still open, dont know how lol may go there now that you mention it.

18. Could be a cover business. I've had this place around me that sells scuba equipment, and in the entire time of me living here I don't recall them having any customers. But on that same strip they are the only business to not close and get replaced.

19. Im more confused at how stores in the mall that sell random asian shit like brass lizards stay open.

20. It's a brothel.