How the FUCK does this timer work?!!!!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Potographer, Aug 19, 2011.

1. Okay I must be fucking losing it

How the hell do you use a SIMPLE ASS TIMER like this?

[​IMG]

I have it to go off at 6:30, well it's 6:30, still on.

Somebody help with this shit asap please~!

2. lol i have one of these in a drawer somewhere, they have little clips usually that u use to set them, but mine annoyed me so i said fuck it and bought digital timers.

3. I just don't get this thing at all.

4. i dont remember EXACTLY how to set it, but i know it has something to do with those grey tabs around the numbers. im not sure if you have to push those in for the times you want the light on or lights off.

5. You spin the arrow in the middle to point at what time it is now. Night is gray and white is day so if it's 4 pm right now, spin it to the white 4. Then push in all the little buttons next to the hours you want the light to come on, and pull out the ones next to the hours you want the light to be off. Each little button represents a 1/2 hour.

6. So is this thing supposed to keep what time it is currently or do I set it to the time each day? I'm sorry your explanation was good but I'm just a bit cloudy on all this shit.

7. This is mine. I've got the little arrow in the middle pointing almost to 4 because it's almost 4 pm in CA right now. Then I have it set to be on from 8am to 8pm, and off from 8pm to 8am.

You see how the hours I want the light to be on are pushed in, and the hours I want dark are pulled out. That's really all there is to it.

Attached Files:

8. It keeps track of the time once you set it. Just make sure you keep it plugged in so it doesn't lose track.

9. In that photo, you have the timer thinking that it is 5:30. The timer doesn't automatically know what time it is, you set the dial so that the arrow labeled "time now" is pointing to the, you know, time now.

10. I have those !

Here is how you make it work..

Each pin represent 30 MINS. 2 PIN = 1 HR.

If you pull the pin OUT ; it's gonna turn off during those time. If its in ; It will be on !

If you want it off at 6:30 .

pull the pin between 6-7 and make sure the time is going the right why and it's on the setting ' timer on' not 'outlet on'

read the Manuel !

11. I have a similar one from noma but it's backwards, out is on, in is off

12. Ditch that and get something like this. I think I paid 25 bucks for it. Very simple to program hasnt failed me yet.

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

13. Hehe if you want confusion, you could have 2 timers where one the off time is pushed in, and the other the on time is pushed in ! Thats what I got
    I dont think someone mentioned most of them have a little slide switch on them too, make sure it is slid to the "timer" side or it will just act as a bypass.

14. Down tabs off.. Up tabs on.. Simple as that.. Arrow should be set at time of day..

15. This post is frigin hilarious. :laughing::ey: C'mon man how do I use a timer. This shit is funny.:smoke:

16. There might be a switch on top for 'timer' and 'always on'. Mine has one.

My bad, you have it set in the picture.