Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How the fuck do you make butter?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Bongs Only, May 15, 2005.

1. Someone really smart who's made good butter several times please explain in detail how to do it and what tools are necessary.

2. dude...ever use the search button?

3. What I use:
    • 1 stick of butter (amount specified to use on cake/brownie/cookie box)
    • 1/2 ounce of weed
    • A small pot or pan
    • An electric coffe grinder (cleaned out)
    • A blueberry strainer thing
    1. Grind up your weed really finely. If you don't have a grinder, use scissors or a knife or something
    2. Melt the butter in the pan and add the ground up weed
    3. Simmer it for a while, stirring and making sure it doesn't burn on the bottom of the pan or anything
    4. Strain the solid stuff out however you think will work best. I use a blueberry strainer thing. Some people use cheesecloth, but I haven't had good luck with that stuff.
    Voila, you have THC-filled butter.

4. Only thing I have to add to that is you might wanna get a good cooking thermometer as you don't want this mixture to go over 300, or you'll be disappointed... Try keeping it to like 200-250 max.

5. cream+ Butter churn+ churning for hours= butter :D

6. how much of the butter do you have to eat though? just a few tbs. or the whole thing of butter? because I'd rather just get the smoke in my lungs as apposed to gaining 5lbs in the process.

7. butter is used for the cookies and stuff or cakes or toast not to just eat by itself

8. I was thinking about making toast and then putting butter on that...that's what I was referring to. And if I did make cookies/brownies how many cookies/brownies would it take to get me high?

9. From what I understand eating "special edibles" is often considered much more intense then inhaling, and can last anywhere from 2-8 hours. If you are mixing the cannibutter with something (just follow the recepie using cannibutter instead of plain butter) Do not attempt to eat too many at first. If you are eating it alone I would just try out a teaspoon and wait to see what happens. If nothing is going on in 30-45 mintues try another teaspoon.

Let us know what happens.

10. 1 Stick of butter for the brownies, and you'll only need 1 or 2.

DON'T PUT IT ON TOAST!

...Unless you like eating things that taste really bad. I tried this with some cinnamon and sugar, and some cannabutter... Almost puked.