How Tall Should I Grow My Plant?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by meltynet, Jun 21, 2014.

1. Hello, im going to be growing 4 plants, their strain is Bianca Hybrid(White Widow + White Queen + Afgani), its an indica plant suppose to grow up to 39in indoors. Now I want to know how big i should grow it so it will fit in my grow box, its 2ftx2ftx3.5-4ft, and im growing them in a 0.71 gal. Plastic Nursery Container. If anyone can let me know how tall to grow it so theres no problems or anything, and to get as close to the 39inch goal?

2. Flower it at 1/3 of the height you want it to be in the end.  Not sure how big that is given your grow box and what type of light you need, how tall your pot is and how far from the light it will need to be.

3. Ill be growing with 8 cfl 5000k for vegative and 8 cfl 2700k for flowering, i have Vigoro Organic Pot Mix, its 20in x 20in x 48in, if that helps your more?

4. #4 Brother Urb, Jun 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2014
    48 inches tall?  How tall is the size of the final pot you will be planting in.  And how far does the plant have to be from CFL's?  Sorry I don't use CFL.
    Also helps to know the strain and how much it will stretch. Some will only stretch 2x some will stretch 3,4 or 5x.

5. the grow box is 48in tall, but i want the plant 39in tall, but its going to be spending its life in the 0.71 gal. Plastic Nursery Container, and the lights will be like 4-6in away from plant!

6. 48 -6 = 42

42-10(size of pot roughly) = 32.

I would flower your plant at 10 inches.

7. Now if i flower it at 10in how much of a yield should i get estimated? Its an indica dominate with all the spex above in my first post on this thread.

8. No way to estimate that man, there are way too many factors involved.  If this is your first time I'd be happy with 1oz per plant.

9. It is my first grow, ill be happy with 1oz too lol. but is my yield most likely going to be 1oz or more?

10. No clue man.  Don't count your chickens before they hatch knowmsayin? There is a chance you might not even make it all the way to harvest.   You'll never know till you try though.

11. Yea, well thanks a bunch man!

12. NP.  Cheers and I wish you good luck man.  Make a journal and post lots of pictures and folks will help no problem with any roadblocks you might encounter.

Research, Research, Research!