How should I prepare my outdoor spot?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by FluidMotion, May 21, 2011.

1. I've been growing 6 plants indoors for about 3-4 weeks. They're starting to get 5 fingered leaves and the weathers perfect, so this weekend I'm moving em out.

Anyways, my main question is how should I prepare my outdoor spot to be safe from animals/bugs and be as well conditioned as possible for my plants? So far, I've dug up some 1'x1' holes in an area that gets roughly 5-6 hours direct sun a day. I'm gunna piss all around the grow area and lay out some irish spring soap (to keep away animals). Not sure what to do about bugs.. What's the best solution to keeping bugs away?

Anyways, come transplant time I'll be filling the holes with a 1/3 perlite, 1/3 peat, 1/3 organic soil mix and planting the plants. Currently using some MG nutes, but I'll be switching to organic fertilizers once I get some cash.

Any advice/wisdom is appreciated [​IMG]

2. Make sure to harden them off before taking them straight out to your spot. Take them out in the shade for a few hours the first day, then half sun half shade the next, then more sun following day, then move them full sun

3. i think that is a usless thing to do and every time you move you plant and change it daily cycle it stuns its growth plants are spose to be move around its just nature so dont do anythink nature wouldnt do.

4. What if they're already used to 10,000 lumens? Could I possibly skip that part? I just got back to my parents house for the summer and I currently have my plants in my closet under a 125w feliz cfl for the weekend, but I can't really bring my plants outside for a couple hours without my parents noticing.

5. also i wouldnt put any type of soad around my plants it attract rodents and other animal. and use egg shells or hair for bugs. and taking wiz around your area being carefull not to pee on your plant will kepp most animals away. dont worry if your plant get eatin up by bugs it gona happen no matter what. but they will almost all the time recover

6. I'm hardening mine off for sure cause they are feminized seeds and any extra stress will make them hermi...plus you cant take a plant from inside under a 10,000 lumen light straight into the full sun and expect it not to burn...duh...hardening off is a critical step trust me

7. Also as far as the keeping animals away, google "coyote urine" and buy some off Amazon.com. Will keep everything away. For slugs and bugs use egg shells like the other guy said.

8. uneccisary step

9. Do some research on hardening off through google, this website and rollitup.com and you will see that this guy above has no idea what he is talking about. Even if it's just one or two days of partial sun (hide them in the woods or something) and anything just to get them used to the full power of the sun helps. If you take them from inside light only to full 85 degree sun, they will burn and die trust me. This guy above does not know what he is talking about. Do research...

10. I live with my parents and found a spot outside I can take my cups for a few hours a day by being creative and really thinking hard about it

11. And I'm not trying to argue with the guy above...just trying to give you some good advice bro. Are you growing from seed of clone? If seeds are they feminized seed or bag seed etc? BTW...never trust a guy that can't even spell unnecessary lol

12. oh nm i didnt realise he started from those weak ass cfls my bad dude and yes i smoke to much to know how to spell those kind of words

13. Feliz CFL's are far from weak my friend. They look like fucking light sabres and get plants growing like wildfire.

Thanks for the advice DJz and yound, I'll stay away from soap and try the egg shells instead. My cat sheds tons of hair, too, so I might bring some of that up and scatter it around my spot.
    Hardening offs gunna be tough, but i'll see what I can do to try and get em at least two days of indirect sun.

14. aslo if there small try and keep them away from grassy areas as bug will jump onto you plants

15. wow i have horrible grammer

16. Haha no worries, it makes sense. My plants are in the cut out bottom of a cardboard box right now. I'll probably throw some seran wrap over that (with some holes to keep them oxygenated) to keep the bugs out, too.

17. I heard putting aluminum foil at the bottom of ur stalk will keep slugs away...

i know an old time grower that boils water and habanero peppers then puts the liquid in a spray bottle and sprays his plants with it and claims it keeps both animals and bugs away... also said sometimes he'll break open a ciggarrete and throw that into the mix for good measure lol..

18. cardboard will dry you shit out fast so be sure to keep them waterd and yo could mist them once a day that would help to

19. So what strain are you growing?