How should I go about...

Discussion in 'General' started by dreambaby, Dec 6, 2016.

1. Hello, thanks for opening this thread. My mother just got diagnosed with cataracts. Now from my understanding, Marijuana helps with that. Anyways how do I propose to my mother that she tries marijuana as a healing agent?

(she's a strong believer in God, never did any drugs, and is a loving caring mother ️)

ferína.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  2. I don't think weed does anything for cataracts , but is effective for glaucoma .which are two diff things

• Like Like x 3
  3. Yeah, I've never seen any studies or even heard any anecdotes about cannabis treating cataracts. Even trusty PubMed didn't have anything on cannabis and cataracts. But like you said, it can be a godsend for many folks with glaucoma.

If she does have glaucoma (or something else that medical marijuana could help), I would try to be as objective as possible. Show her studies on the effectiveness of it, and perhaps some anecdotes from people who've gotten relief (especially those who didn't smoke weed beforehand). Discuss alternatives to smoking like edibles and tinctures. Don't make her feel pressured to try something she might be uncomfortable with. Some folks are still stuck in a 'reefer madness' mindset about weed, making the thought of using it likely somewhat intimidating to them, so they must be eased into the idea. Above all, show her that you only have her best interest in mind, and that this is something you think could possibly improve her quality of life. Good luck to you all :smoke: