How should I clone this??

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by NtothePtotheK, Feb 4, 2004.

1. I'm so stoned right now it's taking me forever to write this... :D

I have a plant about 3 feet tall, with undesirable internodal space for about the first two feet. The top foot of the plant is pretty nice and I would like to bring it down to the ground ;) I have some perlite and the back of the bag says I can use it for cloning... but gives vague instructions. I have tried suspending one in water with nutrient solution before, changing the water every 3 days, with no success. It didn't die it just never grew root buds or anything, so I gave up on it. I also tried one in really damp soil with a dome cover over it to keep everything moist... to no avail.. it started turning brown at the bottom.. yuck.

I don't have any rooting horomone and wouldn't know how to use it if I did.

2. HIGH All, it's a powder or gel which you just dip the clone into...when making a hole for the clone make sure the hole is big enough so the rooting hormone doesn't rub O.F.F.F. on the soil.

3. What about removing excess vegetation? I've heard only keeping a couple fan leaves helps reduce nutritional demand while rooting, but at the same time, I would think it also deprives the plant of all those mobile elements stored in the greenage.

4. I've seen the powder in stores, but I didn't really know what to do with it.

What's that O.F.F.F. acronym mean again?