How secure are these forums?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by pemberton, May 4, 2006.

1. I was considering changing my sig before I started posting specifics about the grow I am planning. Is that really necessary? I've never heard of someone being busted through an internet forum like this, but I would hate the be the first one.

I happen to love my sig, and I would like to keep it, but I also want to attract as little attention as possible to my grow. Am I being overly paranoid or what?

2. Are you saying that is your real license plate showing in your sig? I would get that off ASAP. No one can tell you if this forum is safe or not. Anyone can log on, there is no background check.

Will LEO come after you because of a post here? Doubtful. But why take any chances? Come on in anonymously and enjoy.

3. Haha no... but I wish my plate actually said Nuggets on it. The only connection to me is that I live in Vermont. I know I'm probably just being paranoid, but I am cautious by nature. I've never got so much as a speeding ticket, much less a conviction for cultivating marijuanna, and I would like to keep it that way.

4. There are an awful lot of people in Vermont.

While I don't talk about where I live (somewhere in the Southeast), I wouldn't be worried about that one factoid. Is your username identifiable to you in any way?