How Safe are we posting images on this site?

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by Gator01, Jul 26, 2006.

1. Just wondering how safe it is to post compromising information on Grasscity?

2. Lol..what kind of imformation? just dont be dumb, dont include street addresses, streets, postal codes, phone numbers, middle names, last names..

Uh..nothing stupid.

3. Well to be smart about I would assume that they could trace your post IP information as easy as if you gave them a street address. I'm just wondering if the server or what ever is in the <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">US</st1:place></st1:country-region>. If so its not safe. I realize that it's a matter of a lack of federal resources to trace every little grower but you never know…..

4. Well, there hasnt been any reported problems..so..no worries.

5. dude, just registering on here you can get your ip traced. og went down because they hit marc emery and took everything that was related or affiliated with him out. GC is a headshop. what are they gonna do? tell us we cant buy pipes and papers? fuck them. just be smart, dont give any real data out. and you'll be safe. oh, and keep your power bill low by using low wattage lights if your so concerned.

6. look at mr. bubbles! hes so fucking cool!@@#$ lol

7. Grasscity is based out of the Netherlands. Grasscity is also a business, first and foremost. The forums are just an added bonus that the owner provides for us. He knows how to take care of his business because it's his livelihood so the server is where it feels it should be.

However, everyone is responsible for what they post here. If you're concerned about security issues, then you need to take your security into your own hands.

br3ad_ is correct with his statement about no reported problems. People should always be careful with what they post if they have reason to be, though.

8. Obviously their have been no reported problems, it's not like we're going to have someone get arrested, and then log on while in jail to post: