How often you guys clean a pipe?

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by DaGollumMan, Jan 12, 2020.

1. If I had a dollar every time I got over-confident with my pipe..............

• Like Like x 2
  2. Lol ya i get made fun of because of how much i loose and break. Last week i busted out a glass chillum that i literally just bought 2 day before after breaking a different one the day before, set it on the table, grabbed my weed and knocked the pipe in my lap. My buddy started laughing but i didnt break the pipe.....yet
    I put the chillum up on the table again, began breaking up the weed and sure enough the damn thing rolled off again, this time hitting the concrete floor and breaking at the bowl

Lol stuff like this is why i buy cheap pipes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. I use the same ziplock over and over just with fresh iso. For bongs/rigs I just fill the piece and shake it a lot. Then soap and water wash the outside.

Iso is only 99 cents for a nice size jug tjat lasts me about 10 rig cleans and about 20 regular bowl cleanings.

something, something, subliminal message.

4. 99 cents a jug i get one about every month or so.

5. Do they sell those at the dollar store? My area they cost a couple bucks per little bottle

6. How often you swap the zip lock out.

7. Yeah, thats where I get them at... Dollar Tree.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Maybe once a month. They stay super clean... They do soak in iso after all, lol.

9. I clean any of my glass at least a few times a week. I like to taste my cannabis, as I have to be able to give a concise review. I just use ISO and salt, same as everyone else.

10. yeah dirty pipes SUCK for tasting the terps and profiles like a new glass piece does, one way i remedy this is to use an old pickle jar (glass with a metal lid) over a gallon in size btw............add super hot water, half a scoop of oxyclean powder.........get the oxyclean "activated" inside the warm water by vigorous stirring.......milky white water is your goal.....add your piece and let it sit.

11. Normally I’m obsessed with cleaning my gear. Especially with my vaporizers if I don’t clean them often they start to stink. Also, I rotate stuff. If it’s not in the rotation, it is clean. Last month I got a new pipe. My pipes collect dank so that when one is out of herb, the gunk collected can keep you going for days. I no longer use the gunk. I’m mmj in Florida so it’s pretty much always available. I can’t tell you how many times that gunk hooked me up. So anyway back to my new pipe, I wanted to see how long it would go without clogging. I was very impressed. With an average of at least two bowls a day I went 3 weeks and it was still very useable. I broke down because I couldn’t believe how many stupid decisions were made in the design of the pipe.

I’m actually quite stoned right now. Sorry if the above made no sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  12. few times a week

• Like Like x 1
  13. Never clean it. It's bad luck.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Whenever the draw is poor, the screen clogs or the pipe tastes bad.

• Like Like x 1
  15. when the flame of the lighter starts hitting resin. it takes about half an hour to 45 minutes to get all the resin out of my bowl.

• Like Like x 1
  16. I can't stand dirty pipes. I love the taste of all my different strains. A dirty pipe just tastes gross. I clean it after about 2 or 3 at the most uses.

I don't use ISO anymore. I use Mean Green. That stuff is great. I bought a gallon of it for cheap. I haven't even made a dent in the gallon. I pour what I've used back into a 2-liter bottle and use it over and over. I don't have to use salt or shake. I fill up my bong before I go to bed and in the morning, it's sparkling clean like brand new. It's the same with my pipes. I rinse it with hot water, then take a pipe cleaner with mean green on it and wipe it off and it's like brand new.

• Like Like x 1
  17. I'm glad I read thru this thread cuz it gives me motivation to just clean my pipe. I've been tempted to toss it and buy a new one, only cuz I don't feel like cleaning it. But it's a perfectly good pipe that hits like a mofo and I've had it for less than a year.

18. I'm the type that will not hit yellow water under any circumstance. I rinse my piece out twice a day. When it comes to the gunky resin I only do a full clean with isopropyl and salt when I get a new bag of weed so I can get a proper tasting. Dry pipes are not my thing.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Nah man... just screw on an extension!

Is that an old photo or just well aged?

• Like Like x 1
  20. Old shot from Sept. 2015 from the tag on the hash jar.
    I keep several pictures bookmarked so I don't have to dig very hard to find a photo.

BNW

• Like Like x 1