How often to water in Coco?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by JayMarie, Dec 18, 2016.

1. I was growing with someone since September. They have been doing all the caretaking. I am now left with everything. I have 5 plants entering week 5 of flowering and 5 in veg. Yesterday I just watered everyone, I made sure the ph was good but I didnt add nutrients. I found charts for lights,temps, humidity etc and can follow the nutrient schedule but havent figured out how much or how often.

We are growing indoors, in 2 tents, using coco. The plants flowering are in 5 gallon smart pots.

I have been trying to read how much water they should be getting but havent found an answer that I feel comfortable with.

Any advice on how often and how much to water plants in coco should be getting? Also if anyone has links to blogs, articles, charts or suggestions for growing indoors with coco please send them my way. I am trying to learn as much as I can so I can continue doing this on my own.

Attached Files:

2. #2 Four_Hundred_Twenty, Dec 18, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
    2 weeks ago I started 2 Chernobyl and 3 Blue Dream clones in Solo Cups. They dry out quick. I water in the AM before work, then again around 5pm. They are ready to go into bigger pots today. Now that's just the schedule THESE are on. Your plants are in bigger pots, and larger plants. What I do is just feel the weight of the pot when I have just watered and get to know how heavy that feels. Then you'll know when the pot needs water, because it will feel very light compared to when you first watered. Coco dries out a lot quicker than say pro mix etc. or soil. So, you're going to need to learn your plants and your pots. I've read all sorts of %ages for run off out the bottom of the pot when you water. I just kind of guesstimate that, I can kind of see when the new newts start to come out the bottom. The color changes. But that's just me and my garden. I guess what I'm saying is, I don't think there's any real specific schedule anyone could tell you, because they're not there in your garden. I'm no expert and I'm sure other folks will chime in with all the other things that I am missing, LOL.

• Like Like x 1
  3. That makes sense. 1. .
    Yes that makes sense. Ive read people watering less during flowering, like every 2-3 days. So I wasnt sure if you ever want them to very dry, or just keep them moist all the time.

4. Well, mine are almost completely dry when I water again. Like I said I have five other plants going to, they are in pro mix, and i use the same method when I water those, I learn the pot. They're all different.