how often to use molasses

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by edwardvanhalen, May 30, 2009.

1. hey guys i was going to pick up some molasses today and i was wondering how often should i give my plant molasses , i was planning on using it only during the flowering stage, thanks guys

2. I use molasses every watering now myself.

3. how much do you use a gallon and do you use it all through the growing stage

4. Does anyone know like any name brand stores you can buy it at? I'de like to get some but don't really know the area too well for hydro/gardening stores.

5. i just got some at wal mart

6. Oh alright, thanks a lot.

7. it doesnt really matter on the brand just get unsulphated molases.

8. you want to get Grandmas's Unsulfered Blackstrap mollasses

it should be available at any grocery store near you

9. ok thanks guys

10. Any fine grocery store will have it....basically if it is a grocer that folks who go on top chef (bravo show) would shop in - then you'll find unsulphered molasses. look in the baking section or rather where you would find confectionery sugar.

11. Check with your local Farm and Feed Supply......I just got a 3.5 gallon bucket for 11 bucks. It's more than I'll use in a couple of years, but at 3-4 bucks for 12 ozs at the market the feed store is a money saver. In fact. if you live in the Portland,OR-SW Washington area, check this place out for all your organic growing products * * * Current PRICE LIST ! * * * they've got great prices. BTW......Lumperdawgz hooked me up on this place.

12. Haha thanks all...I found it at Walmart and a local store.

13. :confused_2:so what does molasses do?

14. molasses does two things basically: it allows nutrients to be better absorbed by your plants and its a natural carb for the plant which typically manifests itself as a higher yield (and a sweeter taste).

15. Unsulphured and low sodium molasses, is what you should be growing with. I use a little hydrogen peroxide every now and again to keep any algae or mold from setting up. 1-2 caps full per gallon.

16. the peroxide is a good idea, it also gives your roots a source of o2 when wet.