How often to feed & water in coco coir?

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by GrowThings, Sep 16, 2018.

1. It's my first time using Coco Coir, I've been feeding my girls once a week with the Advanced Nutrients recommended feed (Advanced Nutrients Micro/Grow), should I be feeding twice a week with half the recommended dose each feed or?

My current feed schedule:
    Screen Shot 2018-09-16 at 15.03.08.png

2. You feed/water coco every day. Coco dries out faster and does not retain nutrients like should.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. You should be feeding everyday in veg, 300-400 ppm. I feed 2-3 times per day and get hydro like growth. If you treat it like soil, you’ll get slower growth.

Low ppm feeds, 1-2 times daily brings fresh oxygen and nutes to the root zone. Ph should be 5.8-6.0.

4D28A7D1-4636-486A-B904-48AEED6201A1.jpeg F6BB3EDB-0536-4E3F-B19B-B87176C0F227.jpeg 1D645B7D-86CC-4F17-AC74-D307BEF118A6.jpeg

• Like Like x 7
  4. Show Off
    You are Killing it Man
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  5. Thanks man, I have had slow growth and some deficiency (mainly due to pot size) I document all my stuff on GrowDiaries. 3 Strain, 4 Plant Grow now you should signup bro it's a great site!

6. Thanks Stiggy. I have a couple apprentices kicking some ass too. It’s all medicine for me, but I love seeing the success of the new guys!!!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Treating coco like soil will result in failure - it's hydroponics. Listen to the above posters - they are giving you good advice. I also suggest you do a lot of research very quickly - a good place to start is www.growweedeasy.com . Good luck.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Nice way to keep track of your grow. I have a journal here. More knowledgeable people here than that other place it seems

Soil2Coco’s Indoor Multi Strain Journal

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Yeah I agree, I come here for advice but track/log everything over there :) drop me a follow there I'll follow you back!

• Like Like x 1
  10. WIN_20180929_23_24_50_Pro.jpg WIN_20180909_23_35_02_Pro.jpg WIN_20180810_11_13_57_Pro.jpg WIN_20180928_00_27_42_Pro.jpg WIN_20180928_00_25_42_Pro.jpg WIN_20180928_00_26_06_Pro.jpg
    `okay ladies, time to go, Mick said u r gonna fail due to your lazy caretaker, time for the compost pile.!

LOL.!!!

wish i knew this before investing into another bag of coco/perlte, guess i'll have to go back to peat moss,
    so long renewable container mix.!

Mick, u should try things before u dam them, my plants get watered every 3-6 days depending on their size/stage, the root ball pic is a very small momma, she has never been watered more then every 3 days and the root system is great, i use coco as a peat replacement because coco is much more renewable.!

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. You’ll see the light if you get a bigger space someday man. But your way works for the small space. We like fast growth and big plants with yield. Mick knows the deal.

12. Haha the girls seem to be enjoying my 600ml daily feeding schedule so I've upped it to 35ml of Micro/Grow/Bloom per 23L and 15ML of CalMag, and they got an upgrade to a 4x4 with an extra 450w..

I'm also not gonna damn soil either, my soil grow is almost ready for harvest, lovely solid nugs!

image0-2.jpg image0.jpg IMG_0959.JPG IMG_1014.JPG IMG_1018.JPG IMG_1017.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  13. With all due respect, if the plants in the pics you posted are examples of your grow method, I think I'll pass and stick with mine. :)

• Funny Funny x 4
  14. He has to keep them small for his space. More of a SOG grow. Slow Old Guy and I have debated this method back and forth and he’s not the only one to doubt it. When you’ve been taught not to rootbound plants, I can see why it sounds like a bad idea, but the proof is in the pudding, as Bill Cosby just found out, lol.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. I wasn't commenting on the size of the plants - it was the condition.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Yeah, I didn’t even look at those pics until now. Prob burning from too long of a dry spell.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. uhmm, kind of an example,
    this is a new settup, started 6 months ago under MH/HPS, struggled with temps some, swapped to LED about 2+ months ago, swapped from peat/perlite/vermiculite to coco/perlite 3-4 months ago,
    once i get all the kinks worked out i will average 1.5-2 gpw with no plant being topped or trained and never more then 22" tall.!! (18-20" is my goal with days of veg instead of weeks)

not counting work space or bud storage, my whole grow (clone to dried) fits in a 3' x 6' corner of my garage.!

18. How many actual watts does your light have and what kind of led's?

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. Thanks to Tbone, S2C, and others hear.....
    HLG 135w QB 4000k for veg on a 25'' x 31'' footprint 5.5 sqft, 25 wpsf
    same size flower chamber with a 135w 4000 k and a 135w 3000k, but both are turned down,
    the 4k is about at 105w and the 3k is ~120w for 225w total, 40 wpsf
    WIN_20180831_16_00_51_Pro.jpg WIN_20180831_16_02_43_Pro.jpg WIN_20180831_16_02_01_Pro.jpg only the 4k in the back is on in this pic.!

• Like Like x 1
  20. I beg to differ. I have seen plenty of growers only water with feed every 3 days and use the same wet to dry cycle as soil. Coco doesn't dry out in one day especially in larger pots. Coco doesn't need to be watered every single day multiple times per day. You just need to make sure you have provided enough nutrients in your water to last through the wet cycle until your next watering.
    Whats the point of watering a medium that is already wet and contains enough nutrients? The whole point of growing in coco is to allow more air into the roots, when you allowm the coco to dry a little it allows more oxygen into the medium. Cant understand why people waste water and waste nutrients flushing out nutrients that are still in the medium and available to the plants.