How often do I feed with MG 20-20-20?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by hexter19, May 2, 2008.

1. I have a few plants that will be a month old on 5/5. I am using Miracal Grow all-purpose 20-20-20. It says to use 1 Tablespoon per gallon of water. For indoor plants use 1/2 teaspoon per gallon. For best results use every 7-14 days.

I have fed them twice using a mix of 1/4 teaspoon per gallon so far and they show no sign of nute burn. How often should I be feeding them with this stuff? I'm thinking every other watering? Please let me know what you think.

2. hey man,

you should try to tell us a little more about your set-up

alot of these people on these forums are really against MG or miracle grow's because they start off fine, but through the grow it ultimately kills the plant or puts it into shock. if you are growing with soil or a soiless mixture there are lots of good alternative fertilizers. use the search feature on the forum and you should be able to find through other's trial and error the best for your plants.

Happy Gardening,
    TeXas :hello:

3. Sorry! They are in soil. I know the feelings about MG soil on the forum but many folks are ok with the 20-20-20 food. The reason why I am using it is because I have limited means, knowledge, and access to getting different brands of stuff at the moment. But I am working on it. I plan on getting FF asap. but for now this has got to do it for me.

4. if your plants are still young, which im assuming they are in early stages of veg still.
    then if you have good soil when you start then, you really can go awhile before having to give them nutes. so remember you dont HAVE to use ferts yet. the less is the best!

5. Well I have been using MG Organic and they were doing fine when they were very small. Then the bottom leaves began to yellow and people thought it looked like a nitrogen deficiency. So at almost 3 weeks I gave a 1/4 teaspoon/gallon feed. They seemed to accept it very well and I even had a small but solid bit of growth for a few days after the feeding. The new growth is nice and healthy.

6. MG 20-20-20 is fine. It has all the macro and micro nutrients a plant needs. Feed every time you water at 1/2 strength until the plants are around 3 weeks old and then switch to full strength.

7. ok I will give that a try. Thanks.

8. I use it every couple weeks MG 21-18-18. This grow I've been using it at 1 teaspoon max, seems to be working fine. Just be careful not to overdue it. Don't need to use it every watering IMO

1/4 TEASPOON or TABLESPOON?? 1/2 teaspoon is the little part of the measuring thing. 3 tsps = 1 tbsp